Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Hi Bird

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Bird

I'll work on that switch. Thanks for the help. I'm really interested in the water cooled bike also. If I get one I'll make sure to leave you a post. If you get one first then leave me a post. Yugo vs Cadillac that's a big difference so I'm interested since this is a nice bike. Again, thanks for all your help.

Ride Free,
Doug

Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

Has anyone had a problem with the front brakelight sensor staying in the slot by the brake lever?

Old 07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

My 'Nado doesn't have a front brakelight sensor. The light is activated only by the footbrake.

Having the brakelight come on with the front lever is probably a good idea - the energy going through that bulb in back would probably create enough drag & do more to slow the machine than those postage-stamp sized unboosted front drum brakes.

Honest - no front brake light switch. I guess that's what you got as a consolation for being deprived of that great dead fly that came with mine.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hi all, I'm new to atv's especially the chinese models, although lots of experience working on cars, bikes etc. The Hi Bird sounds like a decent machine for the money. What would be the consensus on which dealer would be best to buy one from? Thanks for the help. I've learned alot on these forums.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

I have had my hi-bird 250 for about five weeks and finally was able to take it out for its first true test today.My wife and drove about an hour away to lake perry atv park.The park offerd just about all terrains but sand.I have to say I the little jots around the yard and up and down the street did not do this bike justice.It climed hills,crawled over rocks,dredged thru mud and loved the trails.I weigh 250 lbs and this bike took everybit and ask for more.
The suspension wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but never owning an atv befor I have nothing to compare it to.
I am totaly happy with this machine.I seen a lot of different makes and models out there and didn't feel out of place at all,but did have to chuckle a couple of times watching people stain their eyes trying to figure out what the hell I was riding.
As for my wifes 150 automatic,same report.That 150 is totaly amazing she went just about everywhere I went but the wife is a new rider and didn't take as many chances.All in all the birds are inexpensive but I wouldn't consider them cheap.
You do get more then you pay for in my opinion.
The problems as far as I can say are not so much the Birds,its finding a dependable dealer .

Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

New quad head, the best deal I found was from a dealership online. http://motorxtremes.com seemed to have the best price delivered to the door. They will ship for free however it might take a few weeks to receive your bike. You can pay extra for fast ship (I think that's what they call it) and either pick it up at your local delivery hub or have it delivered to your house. The cost depends on where you have your ATV delivered. I recommend you check out http://users.wildblue.net/thearbees/nado/PD.htm also. His site has a ton of GREAT information and might ease your nerves before buying. Make sure when you do buy your bike that you check for damage during shipping. My bike arrived missing the battery core. I contacted motorxtremes and they sent a replacement core. I'd already picked up another battery by the time the core arrived but I have a back up now. I also recommend you write down all your questions and ask before buying. Dealers for these type bikes are a dime a dozen so make sure you go with someone others have had success with. The only other thing you will need is either some lock tight or be ready to replace some key nuts with locking nuts.

edited by atvconnectionmoderator

Good Luck and Ride Free,
Doug

Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

Thanks for referenceing my site!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

No problem. The site shows you took your time and cared enough to pass along information that helps others make educated decisions. I'm still waiting on your site for the water cooled bike???

Ride Free,
Doug

Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hi Bird

Xavire,
I think that the powers that be in the HI-Bird organization should donate a water cooled to you for a review.I would be interested in how many people your review influenced into purchasing a Bird me for one.Pluse there service you give after the sale.
Your review has taken a lot of there feas and the unknown away from people with their toe in the water but afraid to jump in.
The only problem is you caused me to purchase two of them when I am unemployed and I really didn't have the money.
So you get the blame for that to.lol

Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hi Bird

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the replies guys. I read XavierOnasis's review of his Tornado. It was very informative and let people know the bird is a fairly good bike for the money. On other threads I have seen where people had problems with Motorxtreme but apparently some people bought bikes from them without much problems. Anyone deal with the Scooterfactory or vbike.usa?

Thanks lots

Quick Reply: Hi Bird