ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Kids Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/)
-   -   Lance Mini-Panther (Coolster, Polar Cat, etc.) review (https://atvconnection.com/forums/kids-quads/271892-lance-mini-panther-coolster-polar-cat-etc-review.html)

tfs102080 08-09-2007 04:39 PM

Lance Mini-Panther (Coolster, Polar Cat, etc.) review

Here's my take on the kids new China quad:
ATV: Lance Mini-Panther 110
Vendor: Scootersfactory.com
Price: close to $650.00 delivered
Bike fired right up, only minor adjustments to carb. ( Thanks, 2manytoys, nice tech article on carbs) Had to tighten everything up and adjust banjo-string tight chain. Kids have rode for about 10 hours now with no trouble. Chain has stretched a bit, but thats to be expected, I plan to change to an aftermarket chain by the end of summer anyway.
Dislikes: fit and finish is as one would expect. I figure that along with the chain will probably replace the battery after this winter. Is a little small for my daughter (age11) but perfect for my 7 yr old son.
Likes: Price was right, delivery was quick. Bike is actually nicer than I expected. The kids LOVE it.
Vendor: Bike was badly scratched up when delivered, but Scooters
Factory sent new front fender right away. Also was missing a bunch of hardware which would have been no big deal except the handlebar clamps weren't there. I bought metric nuts and bolts and had everything else ready to rock. Scooters Factory shipped out all hardware (Thanks Ashley!) and we were good to go. The only thing that puzzled me was they sent out new fender and hardware in different shipments even tho they said everything was in stock. Got the hardware 4 days after receiving the new fender. Oh, well, could have been worse. Would I buy from Scooters Factory again? Yes, no question. Even after the fender and hardware glitches, their on-line support was very good. I know this bike won't last as long as a name brand bike but so far I cannot complain.
Would like to thank SilveradoSS and yadaok for their input on this brand, 2manytoys for his tech articles that have helped a lot, and everyone else on this site who have had something constructive to say. This site is a great resource for anyone with an interest in ATVs.
Sorry this ran so long, hope somebody gets something out of it.

muscottbt 08-13-2007 10:21 PM

Could you please tell me how big you daughter is? I am considering purchasing this same model and I also have an 11 year old.

tfs102080 08-13-2007 10:57 PM

My 11 yr old daughter is 4'10" and 90 lbs. She rides it just fine but she will out- grow it real quick. My 7 yr old should be on it for a long time. If I had it to do over I'd probably get one with a larger frame (60" or 64" long) so she could ride it in comfort for a few more years. It is a pretty decent little quad, just be aware that its not the largest 110 out there. Hope this helps.

muscottbt 08-14-2007 10:59 AM

yes it does, thank you.

have you found any machines with this larger frame size?

also, could you please share (if possible) the other reviews you mentioned in your original message (from SilveradoSS and yadaok).

thanks again!

tfs102080 08-14-2007 07:33 PM

Scootersfactory.com has a larger size 110, http://www.scootersfactory.com/110cc-110-p-277.html but I have not researched it or any larger one since we purchased the Lance. You might pm SilveradoSS, he's a semi-regular poster on this site whose opinions I trust. No BS, he tells it the way it is. Also you might try to pm yadaok. She bought her Lance just before I did. Haven't seen her post about any problems (or lack thereof). Honestly, for about $650 delivered I really can't complain about the Lance at all. So far its been all good. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

jnt3000 08-29-2007 07:28 PM

It looks like you have had these for a little while. Are you still happy with them? Im looking to buy a Roketa 58 which looks like its the same thing; but im trying to get some reviews before i buy it.

tfs102080 08-30-2007 02:15 PM

No major issues yet. The quad gets run pretty hard and I keep on checking for loose bolts and keep the chain adjusted. I consider it money well spent.