Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

50cc Giovanni ATV sprocket upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc Giovanni ATV sprocket upgrade

Just an FYI for people out there that have these kids 50cc Giovanni ATV's. I just changed the rear sprocket on my sons ATV to a JT Sprocket part # JTR801.46. It's a 46 tooth rear sprocket that will give these machines extreme bottom end torque and really slow these machines down ! My son thinks he's so cool now, 'cause he can drive over just about anything that gets in his path! (and that it will clear the belly of the bike) The bolt pattern is exact 68 mm and the bore hole for the hub need a bushing spun on the lathe. ( not a big deal to do) or you can just use the bolts for centering ( I felt more comfortable with the spacer that I made on the lathe inserted to take up the voided space). I also change the chain to a DID pro 420. My next mod to his little bike is to spin some 1.5" hub to wheel spacers, just to give it a little stability in the turns ! I'll keep you all posted for those that are interested.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Trailblazer

Where did you buy the sprocket?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

A friend of mine owns a bike shop, so I got him to order it for me. If you're in Canada you can order from a dealer that deals with Motovan. If not email JT Sprockets and find out who's a dealer for them in the US ( I think parts unlimited is).
On a different note, this sprocket made a huge difference. Just last night my son wanted to pull the 5'X8' lawn drag, no problem with only a 1/4 of it's trottle! He thinks he's got a 500cc full size machine! He goes threw water and mud that's up over the top of wheels! I'll shoot ya a picture, and it's all done with 1/4 trottle!
Oh ya you'll have to buy a new 420 chain ( which is a good investment anyways)
The whole deal costed me like 50 dollars Canadian. Well worth the money, I would highly recommend this to anyone that has these little quads.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Terry

Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

How many links in the 420 chain. Thanks

Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not sure, Just bought new chain and cut out what I didn't need! If ya really need to know I'll count them tomorrow. Let me know.
This made a huge difference in torque, I think I'll still drop one more tooth in the front now. I gave my little guy 1/8 trottle and the mud, hills, terrain he can travel through is unbelievable!
I have a 200cc beast and changed the front sprocket on it from OEM 15 teeth, to 12 teeth! first and second gear wheelies... no prob! Now with having said that she tops out 71 kilometres per hour, but that fine for me, I wanted the bottom end torque too!
I have '02 susuki SV650 and did the re-gearing thing on it aswell, went up 6 teeth on the rear! Can you say INSANE! first, second, third, and fourth (if ya hit her just right!) up on one! This little bike is a torque monster anyways and I just compounded with the rear sprocket being bigger than the rear brake rotor!!! Have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Terry

Old 11-20-2007, 05:20 PM
rv
Pro Rider

did ya know the tries off the 110 giovanni hummer will fit on that machine wow you could have even more clearace and stabability sounds like a cool modification also and you can also change the # of teeth on the front sprocket to increase or decreas speed or power

Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would have to disagree with your statement on the stabability. If you raise that machine up higher than it already is, you will change the centre of gravity thus changing the geometry of the atv. If you did that mod, and put 2 1/2" wheel spacers on each side that would make a considerable difference. I thought about doing this mod, but would have to re-gear the final drive again,'cause my objective was to slow this machine down for my son and if I replace those wheels with the 110cc ones; I would be right back to square one again, lower torque curve and way to much speed for my four year old !!!
Terry

Old 11-21-2007, 12:09 PM
rv
Pro Rider

the bigger tires are way wider than the little stock ones so i dont think they would be any more unstable and the bike would be a real mud monster but you may be right the hummer and the 50 cc bikes have the same frame iv riden both and feel the hummer is more stable with wider tires, just my opinion.eather wat safety is #1

Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default givanni 110cc sprocket

Originally Posted by rv
the bigger tires are way wider than the little stock ones so i dont think they would be any more unstable and the bike would be a real mud monster but you may be right the hummer and the 50 cc bikes have the same frame iv riden both and feel the hummer is more stable with wider tires, just my opinion.eather wat safety is #1
Will this sprocket work on the 110cc mini hummer? Also is this the same chain number?

Old 06-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 50cc Giovanni bushings

Can anyone tell me what size bushings the 50cc Gio takes for the swing arm and control arms. Also where is the best place to order them ?

Quick Reply: 50cc Giovanni ATV sprocket upgrade