Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

KYMCO-ARCTIC CAT-KAWASAKI NO REV CDI

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYMCO-ARCTIC CAT-KAWASAKI NO REV CDI

If you have a Kawasaki 2007-2008 KFX50/90 , OR A Kymco mongoose 50/90 or any Arctic Cat 50/90 thats made by Kymco thats a 4-stroke , I have got a 14000RPM cdi box that works!!!!!!! I just tested it with a tach meter and I got it past 9000rpm's(thats enough). The bad news about it. Its one of those 4-pin cdi boxs thats used on Lifan pit bikes. Unfortunately, those 4-pin cdi's are not widely avalible here in the USA from what I see. I got mine from the UK for about $50.00 from a web site(OORACING.COM). More bad news, your gonna have to rewire it!!!
You can find them on ebay in other countries or just go to OORACING. If you got any questions about wiring,etc. , just drop it on the post. Later!!! Tim[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hell yeah tim post how to rewire. I'm assuming it's the cdi with the 4 pin connector that's got short wires running to the connector instead of the honda type that has the connector built onto the cdi housing itself. If i knew what wires I'd try a honda one. They are pretty cheap but still more than $50. Post up what you did.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Fastestdad

Hell yeah tim post how to rewire. I'm assuming it's the cdi with the 4 pin connector that's got short wires running to the connector instead of the honda type that has the connector built onto the cdi housing itself. If i knew what wires I'd try a honda one. They are pretty cheap but still more than $50. Post up what you did.</end quote></div>

LOL, I hear ya brother!!!! Ill try to get them up some time today in my bio photos section. BEWARE!!!!!! There is no way to control the rpms!!! The thottle screw doesnt do crap!!!! I figured"what the hell, If I blow the motor ,oh well!!!" I got on it and rode it around. I could barely get it above 10000rpm's if I was lucky. So, I imagine my boy will have a hard time getting it above 9000rpms(so I hope). I put some tall gears in it , so it takes it awhile to get there.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

OK, posted photo's in my BIO, Don't see them let, waiting on the moderators?

Old 11-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Hey Airmobile, thanks very much for the info re: the CDI.

I have a 4-stroke '06 Arctic cat DVX50 - does your new CDI box work on it as well? (I can't quite figure out your diagrams yet, but I'm working on it.) I hope so, because I have seen these nowhere else.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

Are you only running four total wires to the cdi box? If so, It will work.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AIRMOBILE101

Are you only running four total wires to the cdi box? If so, It will work.</end quote></div>

Airmobile - I'll check it out next time I'm up at the cottage and get back to you.

james

Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

I've got one of those cdis like in your pic and am working on an adaptor for it to plug in. What was the original lt 50 plug that went in the cdi. What shape and did it only have 4 wires?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Fastestdad

I've got one of those cdis like in your pic and am working on an adaptor for it to plug in. What was the original lt 50 plug that went in the cdi. What shape and did it only have 4 wires?</end quote></div>

Its only a total of four wires. Its based off of the way Honda does their cdi's. Honda's have two connectors: a 2 prong connector and a 4 prong connector. My sons Kawi has just one wire to the 2 prong connector. That wire is the 12vdc wire(hot wire). You should get 12vdc reading off it with a multimeter when the igniton switch is on but the engine not running. The four prong connector only has three wires to it. Those wires are your ground, pulse coil, and your coil. Now the pic I have posted in my bio has all four wires going to just one connector with four pins.
Look at you cdi standing it up with the connector facing you. The connector should know be postioned where it is the farthest positon from the surface where you set it(just like in my pic).Top left is where you want to plug in your pulse coil wire. Yes, It might be a different color than mine as goes for the rest of the wires. Bottom left is where your ground goes. top right is where your coil wire goes. And bottom right is where your 12vdc (power) goes.

There are some sites that sell a adapter that will convert to a single 4-pin plug to a dual 2/4 pin connector(like the Honda's). I didn't bother with it. Im not sure on the LT/LTZ50 plug connector. Look, if you have any issues or worries if it will work or not, just PM me. I will try to help ya out. I know its frustrating. I spent countless hours at work online looking. Bought a KFX90 cdi to only realize the wiring was different , then figured out the wiring and then realized it had the same rev limit(I was very pissed). I think I spent a total of $200.00 so far with this. I finally cracked it. I guess 200.00 isnt that bad. OK, Im rambling!!! PM me if you need help!!! Tim

Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

You don't need to change to the 4-Pin. There is an aftermarket plug I found for my Artic Cat DVX50 that is a 4+2Pin plug that just plugs right on. Its a DC plug available from Outside Distributing Part #08-0115. I bought mine from Royal Distributing.