Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

chinese ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese ATV's

I would say yes, find one and look at it. It is not with out its minor problems for a crate ATV 1/3 the cost of a polaris it rocks.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

just to let you know I find allstarsalz to have great customer service lots of parts anything you will need for you china quad! check them out at giovannibikes.com You can go to their forum as well to get a taste of what their atv's are all about its all china stuff bikes, buggies, atv, pocket rockets ect. No Im not trying to get people to switch forums but if you cant find the answers you need here try their as well.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

China rides isn't a bad little site, but it has not yet matured enough IMO. It will, but now there isn't enough info compared to this site. My only real gripe with my 2 china (kazuma) quads are the carbs are not very good and many after market ones work better and deliver much better performance. Other than that, both mine are great (and cheap).

Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

Yea I got my SunL from ATVDuscounters and well after calling them 10 times today and getting nowhere on if they are sending me the water pump seals for my not even built sla-265 that is leaking water on my garage floor I can say the difference between the support I get from my Kazuma is far better than them and SunL. I have run down the maker of the engine and they have contacted me from china and are offering to help me. Its time to band together and have a group that shares discoveries about these things and where they are finding parts and work arounds I feel like having these is like owning the first computer ie the parts are out there they need to be found. These things are still fun like building a kit car.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default chinese ATV's

I like this site due to being able to ask general questions about any quad and because people on here own all kinds they can give you exeriences with other comparables. The bashing of brands can get old. But usually someone will try to help not just tell you that your quad is junk. You just have to ignore the internet warriors (on a mission to put down anyone who didn't buy what they like) I use several other specialized brand boards too, but this one is great especially for comparing one quad to another once you get past the <u>BRAVE WARRIORS</u>

Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Range Rover
Default chinese ATV's

I got to put my two cents in. I bought one of the Vbikes a 250cc utility for the soul purpose of hunting and rideing back trails in the woods. ( a recent pic on my page I think of a 26 mile trail. That trail was made for horses , the wife and I rode the Vbike double on 10 miles of that trail Sunday took us about 5 hours . I cant knock the Vbike. Then yesterday we had a freak snow fall of 10 inches so my cousin took his kids pasture surfing on a car hood with his but his daughter complained not fast enough. I hooked mine to the car hood and she was screaming to stop. He has an older 350 cc yamaha and my Vbike out did his

Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese ATV's

the VBike and the Sunl sla-265 is the same bike made by Kandi Motors from China. I drove it around today and it has some spunk. Its a Honda knock off motor it starts right up and runs really smothe. The only issue I still have is the exhaust rebreathe tube. I can't see where it goes. I think this is new for 2008 or late 2007 if anyone has pictures that would be cool. I got it all together and the winch only goes in not out have to check the wiring or the switch is bad. I think I may have to replace all the bolts with some real rated bolts. A few the threads were really easy to strip out some soft metal. Does anyone know if they have a temp guage for these. It has a temp sensor on the motor but not on the bike.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default chinese ATV's

If you cannot find help, you have not looked hard enough. There are ALOT of posts on here about Chinese quads. I have posted several myself. Do a search on Jet Moto and see what you get. MANY videos, and tech info on here.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Range Rover
Default chinese ATV's

tmoore948
I got it all together and the winch only goes in not out have to check the wiring or the switch is bad. I think I may have to replace all the bolts with some real rated bolts.

I have to ask about the winch. Are you talking on the Vbike? What model do you have and where did you get the winch , what mounts did you use off of what brand and model ? I am thinking of putting one on mine which is the 250 cc utility Vbike but not real sure what mounts or where to go to get them with what winch

Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Range Rover
Default chinese ATV's

tmoore948,
I fully agree that we need a better exchange of information on these Chinese ATV's and on that note here is what I have found. The Sunl SLA-265 is not the same ATV as the Vbike 250-V4D, the V4D is a Taotao ATA-250 D that is in my gallery and is air cooled and not water cooled. Taotao/Aim-ex appear to be the same company and are a Chinese manufacturer that exports to the U.S. where it is wholesaled to U.S. dealers.

How do you like your Sunl SLA-265 ? What model engine does it have ? The Taotao 250 D has a 171FMM engine that is 233cc, but I have yet to find out who makes it. I made a new post about that same engine as it appears on bikes like Vbike sells and other Chinese 250cc's but no one seems to know who made it. It runs great but I would like to find out who made it for replacement parts that might fit etc.....................Slydog

Quick Reply: chinese ATV's