Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Review...VIVA 200PR

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review...VIVA 200PR

OK. this is my 1st post on this thing. I want to start by showing everyone the letter I just sent to bikesfactory.com

Well, due to your incompetent staff and employees that each speak a different language, you sent me the wrong ATV. I called to order the Gorilla 150 (atv150GR). The salesman (PAUL) talked me into buying the crappy ATV150PR. I changed my mind and called back to order the Gorilla (which Paul just told me was in stock) and the Girl claimed they were out of stock. So after speaking to a Spanish speaking man who transfered me to a technician who spoke broken Chinese (and was clueless) about everything, I decided to let you ship out the ATV150PR.
What I received was an ATV200PR. Which I now know is a discontinued model because of problems. It has drum brakes on the rear and front. (was supposed to have disk on rear). They of course drag and do not let the bike move. I suppose I can disconnect the brakes so my 10 year old can ride it. That may work. I'll spend the next weekend fixing my new ATV I suppose.
I guess the only thing I can say is, Fire Paul for pushing the bike you wanted to get rid of. Fire the Girl that answers the phone for lying to customers, and Fire the Chinese technical expert that has no idea what he's talking about.

Thank You
Howard

OK,,,That was my initial reaction. It does appear to be quality made, except for the problem with the brakes or something dragging. I work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, have to wait till next weekend to mess with it. Maybe I expected too much for a new ATV to be ridable right away. Oh by the way, these things are the same as Rocketa ATVs. VIVA makes Rocketa. It does start perfectly and has an automatic choke. It runs great. For some reason when you turn it drags like the brakes are being applied, to the point that you stop. I thought that the cables for the brakes were being pulled or stretched and applying the brakes. That is not the case. I gotta get time to mess with it. I think after some finessing it won't be so bad. The company was difficult to deal with, as far as making me satisfied. I just gave up (I really couldn't understand the last guy) and hoped the 150PR would prove to be a decent bike. I couldn't deal with them anymore. Maybe I should be happy that I got an extra 50cc out of the deal. NO, I dunno. Maybe The letter was too strong, NO. And before I hear someone say that I got what I deserved for buying Chinese, Don't. I know, and I know that I have to tweak this thing before I'll be happy with it.
More to come. Thanks for letting me vent. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Sad to hear your buying fiasco, it sounds like a classic switch and bate. Don't expect anyone there to get fired because trust me they are all in on it and are all sitting there laughing at your email. Some Chinese dealers are plain old rip offs, from switch and bate to incorrect photos, incorrect specs and so on. Hope you can make you new atv rideable and safe.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

>well, I just checked my email and apparently the email wasn't sent to them because their email box was full. I never heard of that before, yet thats what my ISP told me.
I think I'll hold off on the evil email until I have a chance to figure out whats up with this thing.
>The only problem It has is something is holding it back when the steering is turned hard in either direction. I'm gonna check the alignment and adjust the brakes the first chance I get. That may be all that is needed. The brakes are all cables and drum brakes, so the first thing I checked was if the cables were being pulled when the steering was turned. It didn't appear that any of the brakes were being applied. That is what it feels like when you are riding it though.
>Any other ideas of what might be causing this problem??

Old 06-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Post a picture or a link so we can see the atv they sent ya!

Old 06-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

ok, I have yet to take any pics. This is what I ordered and from who.ATV150PR (we got the blue one)
The one they sent me is Identical actually, except is is a 200cc and has drum brakes in the front and rear. They don't even have it listed on their site. I did find them both on another site with the specs on each.
150cc Predator
200cc Predator
I dunno, maybe I got all bent outta shape for nothin. As long as I can figure out whats rubbing or holding the thing back, It does appear to be a bit better. I just know the drum brakes in the rear won't work as well as the disk would have. It looks to be the same size but with a bit larger front tire. My son loves it, it's the perfect size for a 10 year old. He can even grow a few more years and still use it. I was just a bit ticked off over what ever is holding the thing back. Gotta check it out.
***here's the Roketa version...150cc