Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

New 2009 TRX90X. Acts like you can't give it a lot of throttle it cuts out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2009 TRX90X. Acts like you can't give it a lot of throttle it cuts out!

I just bought this new 2009 TRX90X from my local dealer a couple weeks ago. It hasn't been rode yet just started a couple of times. With the stock throttle limiter adjustment I could barely give it enough throttle to keep it running so I backed the screw out so I can give it all the throttle to help it warm up. It doesn't want to idle at all since I got it while its cold. After playing with the throttle a long while it got warm enough to Idle on its own which I let it for quite a while. Well I went and started giving it throttle and after giving it some throttle it spits and sputters especially if I shoot the throttle wide open. Now I took a couple vids of it after it warmed up to show you guys what it does and I want to know if it is the rev limiter or if there is a problem with it. It acts to me like when I first noticed it that it wasn't wanting to take fuel. I never noticed it doing this at all while it was cold and me shooting the throttle to it just after it got real warmed up. Let me know what you guys think. I bought this to keep new until warm weather gets here next year then give it to my son but I want to know if it is running right or I will call the dealer. It looked like the dealer might had it sitting for a long while when I got it. Could the gas be old? I went ahead and put stabil in it. Sorry for the crappy vid it was dark out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ReeHsqo5s

Last edited by 04honda; 12-11-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Forgot something