Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

FYI when Working W/ Jack Moore LT80

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FYI when Working W/ Jack Moore LT80

FYI when working with Jack Moore (LT80)
Get all cost in writting, all work to be performed listed, and any instructions in written form, Return all unused items and items replaced, Estamated Lead Time of work, Give your instructions on what you want done, remember he is working for you.
(Rule of thumb for any builder)

Learn by my Mistake, will save you headaches and lots of cash later.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Range Rover

i think your the only one to "have a problem" with him. i sent parts out to him, got them in better condition then i sent them out, work was done as described, and price was right in line with the work performed

Old 12-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider

No, there are a few folks contacting me, telling me about there misshaps with Moore also.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by ERBEDS650
No, there are a few folks contacting me, telling me about there misshaps with Moore also.
of course i can only speak of my personal experience with him, but as a shop owner myself, i know that some people are never happy no matter how well and how cheap you can get the job done.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DAMONSQUAD
of course i can only speak of my personal experience with him, but as a shop owner myself, i know that some people are never happy no matter how well and how cheap you can get the job done.
I too, also own a fabrication shop, and understand that if my finished products are not made to Material Specifications, Tolerances, Packaged Cleanly, Certified count, on time delivery's, then I loose customers, If I make an item wrong then I have to eat the cost and replace it, its thats simple.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DAMONSQUAD

By the way you wrote this it seems you and Jack have spoken.
Fact: the money I sent him was a deposit for his work, and was written on the check memo to him before any work was done, any further costing should have been discussed.
Fact: with the engine returned the piston was hitting the head.
Fact: no written instructions on adding a second head gasket was sent or E mailed, The porting was ridiculous and almost could not be salvaged, the engine was returned was dirtier than when it left.
Fact: I was never told by Jack that he had removed the Oil Pump gear, wasn't for having common sense to have added oil in the gas for start up I would have had to start all over again.
Oh and don't forget the shipping cost of back and forth.
Maybe I was on Jacks poop list for some reason, I don't know? only thing that could have been done to finish the job was for him to pour sand down the intake to finish the deal.
I ended up having Tudors Performance re build his build, fix the head, salvage his porting, Bore and Hone, add new reeds, Oil Pump Gear, mod the Carb, Mod the clutch, new chain sprockets, runs great, my Daughter now loves the new found power in the LT80.

Lesson Learned keep business local !

Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the point has ben made and time to move on.