Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Chinese No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese No Spark

I am new to these chinese atv's and they seem to last as long as anything else made there my issue is my daughter was ridding the atv the other day and it died oh here I just pushed it back into the garage and figured I would deal with it later the bike does crank fine but has no spark I have another one of these so I tried switching the cdi box to see if it was that simple still no spark. When I say no spark I have the plug removed but still in boot next to engine and getting no spark at all. I found the remote kill/starter box under the head light and unplugged it opened up the box and found a capicator loose on the board and a resistor burnt up cause unknown never had the remote stuff when I bought it used. what I went through and checked connectors and connections all over the bike and now I am to where I need someone who knows more about these to help I also unhooked the 4 wire black remote box that is also part of the remote kill and still had no spark

Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sometimes the left hand slider kill switch is the culprit due to loose connections. did you check that one?

Old 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't check it with my multi-meter but the way this one is if you switch the switch over to kill the bike it will not crank so I was working on the assumption since the bike would crank then the switch was working