Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Lt80 carb help

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
Pic: yes, something about the number of posts I think.
You can re-use the gasket but it'll prolly rip. I don't use those gaskets.
Spark plugs shouldn't be wet in the circumstance explained above.
Check the compression. Autozone/Advance auto will let you borrow one.
Will do compression test after I look into the clutches do you not use a gasket at all? Just scrape the old gasket off and put it back on ? What is the best method for getting the clutch fan off of that is what it is .... also the rear clutch looks like it has gotten real hot on the inside half it is a deep blue normal ? Thanks again this is my kids upgrade from his 60 zinger with no suspension !! This little quad is much better upgrade lol

Old 01-23-2018, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Unless you are planning an scuba riding, I don't use the side cover gasket. Yep, scape it off or buy another.
Front clutch outer face (that fan thingie) I use a impact driver. Same on the rear clutch and yes, the discoloration is normal. You should inspect the rear clutch for worn shoes and bad bearings.
I just got Porter Cable lithium impact driver and drill...LOVE EM. Just thought I'd mention that.
I also have rollers and related stuff here.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

Unless you are planning an scuba riding, I don't use the side cover gasket. Yep, scape it off or buy another.
Front clutch outer face (that fan thingie) I use a impact driver. Same on the rear clutch and yes, the discoloration is normal. You should inspect the rear clutch for worn shoes and bad bearings.
I just got Porter Cable lithium impact driver and drill...LOVE EM. Just thought I'd mention that.
Got of to hear about the dicoloration I will still inspect it. Are you Just holding it with you hand? I do have an impact and I used it but the bolt wouldn’t budge it is not reverse threads or anything odd like that is it. And I will probably leave the gasket off I have a funny feeling I will be pulling this cover off a couple of times . Haha

Old 01-23-2018, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

A little more heat on the impact and it broke loose it will be a couple of days before I have time to get back at it if I have to order parts where do you guys recommend?

Old 01-24-2018, 09:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Get parts at a Suzuki dealership or me.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

I will keep that in mind ! Pulled the exhaust pipe off just for kicks is there suppossed to be a gasket between the pipe and block ? and it turns out there are flat spots on the roller I have new rollers on the way. How would I know if the bearing the secondary clutch is bad ? When my kids gets a little older I will be looking into a "Moorebuilt Motor"

Old 01-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

You stick your finger in the bearing and turn. Should be smooth feeling.
Yes, there is supposed to be a exhaust gasket between the cylinder and pipe.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

pulled the primary clutch a couple of the rollers were flat they are now replaced but overall the clutches looked pretty good front and rear...... here is a pic of the plug next will be compression test in a couple of day
what should my compression be ?

Last edited by koliver811; 01-28-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 01-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

90 minimum.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you do before you pulled that plug?

Quick Reply: Lt80 carb help