KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Information on Computer Diagnostic Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at getting the $300 GP Control software set-up. I was wondering if anybody has it and is it worth it? Also does it matter what setting you are riding currently? I have a cannibal running a blaze setting will this cause any problems? I have more questions, but these are the most important.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

The $300 setup allows you to change and monitor a couple parameters, you don't get the full tuning potential of the ECM, however...

The big news for most is this kit will allow you to upload pre-made maps into your machine.

It does not matter what you are currently riding.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

ATC is correct. I just got this kit a couple weeks ago, it allows you to monitor the engine, check ECU faults,adjust a few engine parameters, and load maps. You won't be able to create your own maps but it will come in handy to be able to load them. I'm currently running a custom map I got from GP control, and will probably try a few others I've got.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

The problem running the Blaze map on Cannibal is exhaust system. If you have stock it will burn out over time and you will not get the full advantage of Blaze mappping with stock exhaust. On GP control is worth it if you ride different tracks such as long, short etc. You will be able to change fuel system. The Blaze mapping is primarly for woods and trail riding alot of low end to keep from stalling. Maybe some other dale owners in you area will split to cost or maybe you can map there dales for small fee to help pay the cost and then upgrade to others. Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

The $300 GP control system, only allows you to work on your quad. You cannot adjust anyone elses computer but your own. You wont be able to adjust your buddies quad/bike.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Range Rover

As JayBr will attest, the $300 kit will only give you access to one ECU. I think each additional will cost you about $150. Right, Jay? You give them an ECU number, they'll give you a code to work with that ECU. If you don't enter the correct code- it won't work. I had hoped to use Jay's software, $150 or it won't work.

Old 07-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, you are correct, but what I was referring to is a complete system, but I am not sure if system is offered to public. I have contacted optimum-power to see if it is available to public and not just dealers. I will post tomorrow when I hear back from them. Sorry did not me to miss lead.

Old 07-15-2002, 01:31 PM
Range Rover

Not that it really matters, I won't be buying it. But, because I'm the curious type, do you care to share how much the dealer system cost?? I also heard it can only be installed on 2 computers. Is that correct?

Old 07-15-2002, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

I am running the blaze map with an HMF exhaust, but it seems to be running way to rich. I figure it could be one of a couple small problems. I was hoping this software would help me correct that. I have heard to low of an idle or just adjusting one of the settings may correct this. My other question: Can you save your configuration that you have currently to the computer for later use. If the other map sucks or you don't like it. I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars $300 is pushing it, but I can live with that. Besides I am the only guy I know of in the immediate area that has one.

Old 07-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting that you are running rich now, the Blaze and Moto maps are leaner almost everywhere than the Cannibal map.

And yes, you can save cals for later use and/or change them as often as you like....

Quick Reply: Information on Computer Diagnostic Stuff