ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   KTM (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ktm/)
-   -   back from lorettas (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ktm/73038-back-lorettas.html)

markvette 08-20-2002 11:46 PM

ok i'm gonna try this again. i wrote a big long post earlier and when i tried to post it kept saying it was a duplicate post and wouldnt let me post. got to lorettas about 3:00 pm friday, raining like hell and rained most the rest of the day and night. saturday was beautiful and saw some good races [ 41 ] our moto rider ran second in his four stroke c class heat then ran second in 250 c and eighth in 16 to 24 four stroke. pros had no heat races since there were only 19 there but they did run 2 pro practice sessions. sunday, sometimes sunny and some rain but not too bad. our moto rider ran sixth in 250 c with a third overall then endoed in the four stroke c and got 18 th overall. he did not run the other 16 to 24 four stroke class. ok for the pros, first race tim farr takes the holeshot with digger doug on his tail with jerimiah jones way back in about 10th. jones did work his way up to third. halfway through the race digger doug passes farr and from that point on all farr sees is diggers roost. second pro race jones pulls a good holeshot with digger goug in second and farr in third. guys this was the best race i have ever seen. digger doug and jones pull away from the pack farther with every lap and doug is right on jones tail and for 20 minutes he is right there but cant pass jones. jones ends up first, digger doug second and about a half a lap back farr finishes third. digger doug gets the overall first with jones second and farr third. there was two days of great racing and my family and i had a great time and cant wait till next year. by the way for all you guys that race with us down here, josh will be at rock hill this saturday on the same moto that raced lorettas this past weekend. that will be his new ride till the 03 motos come in. later guys

KNOWSALOT 08-21-2002 12:35 AM

markvette,

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

Congats on your friend's good ride. Not to shabby at all considering where you guys were running.

Wish I could have gotten to go. Glad to hear the report....I have been waiting on an "in depth" one......thanks.

Good luck to you guys this weekend.

Patrick

efg 08-21-2002 09:41 PM

mark,do you have any info on the hammond track?I want to know when they practice.I might check it out.probably not race at it until i get used to it,when i start practice on it

Glad to here josh is on the MOTO now

Ryanstones 08-21-2002 10:03 PM

Thanks for the report Mark! Another budyy sent me a dozen pictures. kinda funny, mostly of the track, only 3 atv's in the lot! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

markvette 08-21-2002 10:32 PM

efg
hammond practices thursday through sunday 9 till dark. the info number is 985-345-6185. i think they race the second sunday of the month. you definately need to practice the track before you race it. has some bigggggg jumps and is about 1.5 miles long. not bunched up like rock hill but sprawled out.i tried to talk rock hill into letting us practice friday but he wouldnt. kip is bringing the moto to us so coming thursday and then back saturday was out of the question. i guess the only practice he will
get is the little bit they have before the race. another guy from this forum with a 250r may be coming too. he ran 250 b at lorettas. mike with the speed wont be racing this weekend, he is puttng a moto front end on his speed and hasnt got all his parts yet, said he might come and watch. we are thinking about going to monster mountain sept.1 to race. they have an awesome track there. see you this weekend

efg 08-21-2002 10:43 PM

thanks for the info. I might make it to rock hill this weekend?

special 08-22-2002 09:16 PM

Mark,where is monster hill?

EFG,I see you changed numbers from #11 to #88.I also change from #11
to #17 a few months ago cause someone(Josh)stole my number lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Josh the preshure is on you now to make our number look good.Don't let us down[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]That number is used to running up front with the big dogs.Now I gota get some wins for the #17 to get known.

Sorry Mark couldnt pass that up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

MOTOWN 08-23-2002 01:51 AM

Hey I'll give all of you a laugh. I changed numbers from 51 to 52, I just got home from Rockhill and I'm going to bed cause I'm very worn out. Special, Mark can tell you I looked bad. But I'm still thinking about racing Sat. Pratice went well but those braking bumps kill me. I got a lot to do this weekend so I trying to fit it in somewhere.

markvette 08-23-2002 01:57 AM

mike
just got back from rock hill. kip called today and said he was going tonight to let chase practice so we met him there and practiced and brought the moto home. he looked pretty good on it, he said he liked the moto map better, kip has the blaze map in it right now. morris and his suzuki buddy were there, man we were having a good time talking about you. lol. the guy on the suzuki is looking pretty good.later

CaptainCarl 08-23-2002 04:13 AM

If you guys are talking about the Monster Mountain track in Alabama, you are barking up the wrong tree. The Novice riders there will make your local Pro boys pee in their pants.