ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   KTM (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ktm/)
-   -   moto's stock ohlins (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ktm/80998-motos-stock-ohlins.html)

yamracer 11-28-2002 03:26 PM

moto's stock ohlins

I have a question about the sag on the Moto Ohlins. My quad just dont seem very wide. Although it is a little wider than my 250R with +2. Its still not 50 in. I was curious if I set the sag a little more if It would widen it out. I havent really messed with my suspension through the season cause I was afraid to mess it up (why mess with it if your winning). However I was a little tipsy. I just couldnt corner with it the way I did my 250R. So I would like to know how wide everyone is. My friend just got a cannibal with houser long travel and he is 51 in with the stock rims. Any help would be greatly app. anyone else tipping a little in the turns on there moto's? And to answer the question on the Ohlins shocks. I love mine. But I must admitt I like the PEP's on my R a little better but I think if you were really good at tuning shocks then the Ohlins could be just as good. THanks for any help!

cannondale27 11-28-2002 07:39 PM

moto's stock ohlins

Yamracer the more sag the wider it will be just be sure you have enough spring pressure with the tires off the ground to hold the retainer in.I agree the PEP is less tippy in corners since it is lower it is also way stiffer and I feel the ohlins work better in the whoops since the frame seems to hit with pep the Ohlins are very adjustable with the comp and rebound adjusters one click is noticable try firming up the comp should help in corners.

mountainman10 11-29-2002 01:36 PM

moto's stock ohlins

If you left the shocks on the stock settings they are probably not set up right for you. I am not an expert on the issue but the stock settings are for the average weight, average height guy. You really need to set them up for your weight, height, and style of riding. There is a ohlins shocks manual on the c-dale website that explains the basics of the adjustments and what they do. I would play with them on days thay you are just practicing and see if you run any faster times. Just write down your stock settings and you can always go back.

airtimehocutt 11-30-2002 10:56 AM

moto's stock ohlins

on my 03'cannible, i have the lone syat race a-arms + 3. with 3+2 off set wheels, my bike is exactly 50 inches wide (maybe 50 1/2). with 4+1 wheels you would be around 48 1/2 inches wide. i have the pep zps shocks so my quad sets kind of low (about 8 inches from the frame to the ground). my + 2 lonestar 250r with 3+2 wheels is 47 inches wide. (both of my friends 250rs are 47 inches wide also. i would say a +3 a-arm on a 250r would get you closer to 50 inches. would some of you motto owners give me a handle bar height measurment. i have pro tapers and it is 43 inches from the end of my handle bar to the ground. my 250r is 38 inches. i think i might need a lower bar. thanks

Sandfan 12-03-2002 01:07 AM

moto's stock ohlins

Finally had a chance to ride with the moto front end on my cannibal. Loved them, Hauled butt all week end, never bottoming. Loved the wider stance and not to harsh, also tracked more like my 250R.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]