KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

DIRT WHEELS HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICALS lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRT WHEELS HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICALS lol

i was looking through the january 03 dirtwheels it has the sand shootout between the ds650 yamaha banshee and raptor the z400 and the cannon moto i thought the ratings were way off just look at a few of these numbers

Engine snappyness raptor 1st suzuki 2nd ds650 third and cannon 4th banshee 5th

this is completly bassackwards the banshee being the only two stroke in the group and the cannon being very peaky as well got last what is with that they talk about the banshees arm ripping power band with its overly peaky band and the cannon being a fuel injected high revving four stroke it should be very responsive and quick revving

the overall results were the suzuki 1st raptor 2nd banshee third ds650 4th and the cannon last

first off all these are completly different machines as they always say the banshee is at home in the sand with its high peak horse power

shure if u want to do a straight line drag that is fine but will it jump with the rest i doubt it am i saying the banshee cant jump no but it is not a stock jumper

look at the raptor and the z400 very good quads that hit a wide variety of buyers so why compare it to a single purpose ds650 or cannon moto even the banshee is at home in the sand am i saying that these quads cant do other things no

read this article and tell me what u think i think these mags should stop gettin payed by the makers on quads and just do honest reveiws not who pays the most gets the win in the comparason

Old 12-19-2002, 06:24 PM

I think dirt wheels is full of it!!!!!

Old 12-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

There is already 2 complete threads about this biased shootout and many of the other biased DW and ATVA shootouts. Want to win a shootout buy lots of advertising space in dirt wheels.

Old 12-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

I take extreme offense at the negative comments towards Dirt Wheels....THey are the best, most unbiased ATV mag out there. I have no clue what you are all talking about. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I think Dirtwheels is about to start running into problems.... they used to not be so bad but in the last couple of years, they have started coming out with some really lame articles. The magazine is starting to be known for their lame *** shootouts and a lot of people are starting to think of them as a joke.

I think it's funny, but DW is gonna start loosing a lot of money. A lot of people read these forums and they're starting to see how dumb DW is.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Range Rover

I know a lot of people feel betrayed when they read some of the articles that DW does, but we only have two other publications and that is it. So my advise to everyone is "don't belive everything that you read" We probally know someone with each quad in the shoot out so get together and do the shoot out yourselves.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:25 PM

Don't get me wrong, i love the mag, i just think the outcome of that shootout was totally wrong.

Old 12-20-2002, 02:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We at the Bomb forum share your pain guys. you boys just keep winning thoseMX GNCC races, and we'll keep winning those endurance races . OK??

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

hey motown there are other choices
4 wheel atv action
all-terrain magazine
atv sport

Old 12-20-2002, 03:42 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Your recomending 4 Wheel ATV Action? Isn't that the Mag that picked the Z400 over the C-Dale in the shootout (November 2002 Issue)?

Quick Reply: DIRT WHEELS HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICALS lol