KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Hattiesburg, MS AX race

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hattiesburg, MS AX race

The first race at the Petal track is June 28 and practice starts at 7:30 a.m.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do I get to the track in Petal?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

lobo
we might try and make that race, do you think they will have a good quad turnout ? we plan on running rock hill that night too. all classes above 80cc are money classes on the 28th. we should have the ex back by then but josh will need to practice the track first, he hasnt been in a race in 4 months now so he needs to get back in shape and used to the new quad. directions would be nice too.

Mark
ps. they wouldnt happen to be running mini quads ?
lobo, give me a street name the petal track is on and i will get directions off from expedia

Old 06-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

Please post some directions to Petal. It looks like it's only about 3 hours from here, so I may try to make it if my bike is running (stock 250R frames suck). Is the track easy enough to learn in one day, or do you really need to come down and practice beforehand to be competitive?

I've been racing a little up here, but the turnout at Ponotoc has been pretty sad. We are racing this Sunday and probably once in July, if anyone wants to come up. We should also have another AX here in Starkville in either January or February. I'll post more when we get some details.

Old 06-10-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

ed
whats up, havent heard from you in a while. we havent raced in 4 months now but should get the ex back next week so we will probably try and race petal and rock hill the same day. i asked lobo for directions before and he couldnt give them to me but said he would meet us some place and we could follow him there. hattisburg is having another AX in july. they will have quad amateur, quad money and mini quad classes. it is one of a 5 race series that the srma is running. let us know when the AX will be in starkville and we will be there. it will be good to see all you guys after so long. whats gerald and knowsalot up to. does your shop sell yamahe ? we are looking for a sweet deal on the new 450. dont be a stranger. later

Mark

Old 06-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

guys I will scan a map to the track in petal for you when I get back to work if I get a chance. We had the flyers at the parts counters at Hattiesburg Cycles. I will post it up Thrus evening

Old 06-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

DaBoss: That would be great if you get a chance to scan a map.

Mark: Yep, it's been a long time. Knowsalot it still riding the Cannondale on and off, but right now it's down for crank bearings. Gerald hasn't been riding much, but I think I've seen hime post on here a couple times recently. I talked to him a couple weeks ago, and he's still got the 'Dale and the 250R. He's selling the R, so if anyone wants a really nice Lonestar framed 310 I can get you his number.

We do sell Yamahas, and the first 450s are supposed to be her in about 3 weeks. We are supposed to have two coming initially, both of them white. I'm thinking about trading my woods 250R in for one, but I really want a blue one. I guess I'll ride it a little and see how good it is before I commit to anything.

Also, we're going to Joe Byrd's MX school the weekend of July 12-13 at his place in Tenassee. He usually has room for a couple more. Anyway, hope to see you and Josh on the 28th.

Old 06-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is the map I posted on a temp page on my website. the Pictures are big sorry if you are on 56K.

http://www.stangracing.com/Temp.htm

If it will not come up just email me at stangracing@comcast.net and I will email you the doc.

I live 1mile from the track so I plan on going anyone else going?????????????????????????????????

Cya

Dylan

Old 06-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

we should be there. we are going to try and run petal that day and rock hill that night. all rock hills classes above 80 are money classes that night. we got the ex back today so weare up and running again.

Mark

Old 06-23-2003, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Is everybody still going? I got the map, but is there a flyer or anything to tell times and classes? Also what's the scoop on the race in Rock Hill? We might spend the night and do both if we're going to drive that far. It would be great if some of you local guys who know could post some information before we drive that far. Thanks, hope to see some of you there.

Eddie

Quick Reply: Hattiesburg, MS AX race