Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just curious if there is anybody else out there that is sick of some of our fellow riders trashing our favorite riding spots?The other day I was riding and came upon a camping spot someone had left a fire burning a six bags of trash out in the middle of no where.There were all kinds of beer bottles on the ground allong with tash bags hannging from the trees, what a mess.

To make a long story short I spent a good 2 hours picking up somebody else's mess when I could of been having a good day rideing or worse just pass it up let it lay but I am not one of those type of guys.

People wonder why we get the bad rep that we do, well these type of acts allong with noisy bikes is what does it!!!!! I wish I could say that I am the only one that has ever come accross something like this but I know I'm not.

I just had to get this off my chest as I cannot stand people who do these type of things and ruin it for the rest of us!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Range Rover
Default ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, this ticks me off too! Havent sen it too much in places where you have to pay to ride, but it makes me mad when people trash the small local spots that we are not supposed to be anyway. It's one thing to trespass, and some people are cool with it, but then when you dump your trash there, thats worse then trespassing because you eventually leave but your garbage stays!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Exactly Higgy,

Up here we don't have any pay to use ATV trails, we have the OFSC (snowmobile) trails we can use in the summer, aside from that it's sand pits, that are like you said private property, and even the local police come out once in awhile and as long as everyone is behaving they generally just kinda leave us be.

But then you get the yahoo's that drive some beater car out there, set it on fire, drink a ton of beer and smash bottles everywhere and leave.

The next time the local PD come out to check on the riders, they see this big mess and have no choice but to ask everyone to leave.

Runing it for the "respectful" tresspassers.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Know exactly what you mean.
went riding sun. when we got there to unload the atv's trash was everywhere.
Got a big trash bag & started picking up (maybe 2 min.) I turn around and there is the local sherriff and a guy from the dept. of enviromental services. Just so happens we found 2 bills w/name & address on it. Made my day. At least 500.00 fine.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

we had the same problem down here in panama city beach. we used have hundreds of acres to ride on when it wasn't hunting season. one time they had some tractors out at the dunes part, and some dumb *** kids went out there and busted the windows out and some how managed to get one in the water. then they leave all kind of beer bottles and trash out there. after this incident happened the owners started bringing the police out there and towing bikes and arresting people no warning. those kids messed it up for hundreds of people. now there is absolutely nowhere to ride around here.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

Same here in Pa! I ride in Trevorton and thats all you see.....PEOPLES TRASH!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] It makes me sick!! It goes from a gum wrapper to full blown cars! WTF!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Patches, Im from Gulf Breeze. Moved to N.E. Arkansas about three yrs ago. We miss the beach and the fishing even more.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I don't know what goes through some idiot's head sometimes... It's like we don't have enough trouble keeping riding areas open, they gotta screw it up by leaving their trash all over the ground, like 16 feet from a trash can.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I am glad to see there are some riders that care like me!!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

I know me and my buddies will stop and clean up places all the time - makes me sick!!!!

Quick Reply: ARE YOU SICK OF THIS TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!