Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

No rules

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

That's when u start to charge the parents. Just had a incident up here where kids were ripping through the street and hit a car. Now it's all banned in the town lots of people used to putt up their streets to the trail and never any issues.. the parents should have been charged and responsible for damages

Old 07-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zrock
That's when u start to charge the parents. Just had a incident up here where kids were ripping through the street and hit a car. Now it's all banned in the town lots of people used to putt up their streets to the trail and never any issues.. the parents should have been charged and responsible for damages

In a fair world that's what would have happened, but the world isn't a fair place.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Exactly....

Even the adults need a kick in the @#$... Have one especially up here that thinks he is gods gift to riders and is the best around... He posted up a vid of him and his buddies ripping up and down the river with water up and over the bars... Until someone posted that he could be charged... Non of them are even registered from what i can tell.. Makes it hard for us that are trying to move forward in the ORV world

Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

In our particular county we are able to ride anywhere except the interstate as long as the machine is licensed with a plate, which is a one time deal they issue a permanent plate, insured, has at least one mirror, a horn, head lights, taillight(s), brake light(s). They (cops) treat them like a motor cycle, as long as you obey the rules astound are street legal and keep up with traffic it's okay to rude in town as well. Very rarely do I do that on dry pavement but in the winter will ride to the grocery store or go get gas. It's too far Dior is to ride to our trail heads, I think we have one we could get to with about a 1/2 Mile 45aof pavement but it would be almost 20 miles to get there so just easier to load up and haul there.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have to register ours every year regardless of how its registered.
If its street legal with a license plate then no on under 16 or doesn't hold a valid Utah drivers license can ride/drive it on or off the road because its a licensed vehicle.

I don't have a street legal kit of license plate on my ATV. I just ride in-between everyone who does.

I have no problem loading up and hauling mine anywhere. It only takes a few minutes.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just like the fact that we don't have to deal with the hassle of dealing with the DMV every year, One time license for ATV's, Boats, Trailers of any kind for as long as we own them. ATV's also get a permanent trail sticker for as long as we own them.

I agree it is not a big deal to load them up and haul them to a trail head, especially when we have so many that are close.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Freedomflyer
I just like the fact that we don't have to deal with the hassle of dealing with the DMV every year, One time license for ATV's, Boats, Trailers of any kind for as long as we own them. ATV's also get a permanent trail sticker for as long as we own them.
There are roughly 325,000 OHVs registered here in Utah. $20 from every registration goes into t general OHV fund and back directly into the trails - all trails. That's about $6.5 million annually.

About $1 goes into the Utah Hwy Patrol's search and rescue including their helicopter maintenance.

Those things considered it really doesn't bother me to register my ATV every year. About $60. $10 for my truck camper and $40 for my ATV trailer which I elect to register even though its not required. More for proof of ownership than anything.

Over $330,000.00 goes into the Paiute Trail every year. The money comes from several different places including federal gas tax.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:20 PM
THE BERMINATOR

ATVs can't be made street legal in Michigan. They would have to come from the factory street legal. Our annual trail permit stickers used to be $16.25. Now there are 2 stickers, one for $10 and one for $26.25, and I need both of them. The store owners who print and sell the ORV stickers and hunting licenses etc. get to keep 25 cents. I was one of the the people complaining when the stickers jumped from $16.25 one year to $36.25 the next, but we have to pay for all of the "No Rules" A-holes that tear everything up. There goes another $20 a year. We have permanent trailer plates now instead of having to renew them every year like car license plates so I'm saving money there.

Old 12-16-2018, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

Street legal kits here are turn signals and a horn. You need a rear view mirror too. The kits are around $350 - kind of a joke if you ask me.

And then registration jumps way up too.

Trailers here in Utah that weigh under 600 lbs don't require a registration. I took mine to CA last year and wanted plates on it to make sure that there was absolutely zero issues not having it tagged.

I have some friends that live in CA and I sure feel sorry for them.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Love the Mich lifetime trailer plates. Even as an Ohio resident, I was able to get a lifetime Mich plate for my trailer....did but it in Mich though. Can't complain about Mich trail permits ..look at all the trails they have! Now come to Ohio...no trails to speak of and still costs 35 bucks for a orv registration!