ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Land, Trail and Environmental Issues (https://atvconnection.com/forums/land-trail-environmental-issues/)
-   -   No rules (https://atvconnection.com/forums/land-trail-environmental-issues/373736-no-rules.html)

LA KING 10-09-2017 02:20 PM

No rules

:lmao:in Africa atv are not street legal but cops dont do anything when they see you riding it

MooseHenden 10-10-2017 11:46 AM

That'd be nice here in the States.

Zrock 10-12-2017 09:19 AM

We have people with that same attitude im my town... But now the cops are starting to do something as people have put up a huge complainant. Last idiot drove his sxs down city streets to get gas. Now his picture is plastered every ware looking for mim.

greg74 10-12-2017 09:49 AM

It only takes one person to complain. I think it used to be like that where I live but people couldn't mind their own business. The police in our small town have so little to do that they harass you. It shouldn't be like that but that's how it is. I just haul to my local trails and just avoid the headache.

Zrock 10-13-2017 09:27 AM

it would still be care free here but their is a pile of kids that seem to think its great fun screaming up and down city streets at all times day and night

Kymco 450i 02-13-2018 02:23 PM

I am fortunate in my area, while it is technically illegal to ride on the streets except to get to a legal riding area, the cops normally look the other way unless your doing something stupid. I ride mine all the time but never much over 25mph, keep to the side and courteous to other cars and trucks. I also have mirrors to monitor other traffic and allow them easy ways to pass me. I ride the grandkids for miles without any issues, even up to the truck stops for ice cream in the summer. With that said there are a few in the neighborhood that get busted all the time, running at high speed, loud pipes, challenging the cars and trucks for road space...etc. Heck the police know me well and even wave as they know I am not getting any complaints about my riding.

scootergptx 02-13-2018 02:27 PM

Riding down the streets would be nice, but there's a lot to be said for not having to worry about a herd of stampeding elephants when I go outside too. :nod:

User492 05-21-2018 12:48 AM

In Northern Minnesota I can ride my atv in town or down the highway. They are regulated like any other vehicle, and you need to be a licensed driver and obey all traffic laws.

Zrock 05-21-2018 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DeeDawg (Post 3394494)
In Northern Minnesota I can ride my atv in town or down the highway. They are regulated like any other vehicle, and you need to be a licensed driver and obey all traffic laws.

Thats the way it should be everyware. Then their would probably be less problems of people racing up the street trying not to get caught

User492 07-03-2018 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Zrock (Post 3394524)
Thats the way it should be everyware. Then their would probably be less problems of people racing up the street trying not to get caught

I have a feeling the underage kids w/o drivers licenses would still be doing the same...