ATV Enthusiast Community - View Profile: tramp

tramp tramp is offline

Pro Rider

About Me

  • About tramp
    Gold Prospecting, ATV, Working at Cabin, Nascar, Guns
    Auto Glass
  • Signature
    '07 Rancher 420 FM
    '07 Rancher 420 TE
    '95 J.D. Gator
    '93 Yamaha SX Exciter

    "Not all who wonder are Lost"
    "You're never Lost if you don't care where you are!"


Total Posts
Visitor Messages
General Information
  • Last Activity: 08-25-2017 01:46 PM
  • Join Date: 08-29-2007
  • Referrals: 0


Showing Friends 1 to 3 of 3
    • blomup is offline
  • Brewsome
    • Brewsome is offline
  • Specta
    • Specta
    • Pro Rider
      Loves riding and can't get enough.
    • Specta is offline

Visitor Messages

Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. 05-19-2011 08:31 AM - permalink
    If you are plated, and street legal in Ohio, you will be good to go in Wyoming on all roads except Interstate Hwys. You will still need to buy the Wyoming Trails sticker if you plan to ride any of the trails in the National Forest. Be sure you have your registration, insurance and drivers licence with you when you are riding on public roads. If you can not maintain the posted speed limit of the specific road, you will need to have a flag and keep to the right side of the road. If you can not maintain 35 mpg, you will need a slow moving sign on the rear of the atv.
    Other wise you should be good to go.
    Have a good time.
    If you have time stop in Sundance and we will give you a tour of the Black Hills. (If the snow is gone by then.
  2. 05-15-2011 10:40 AM - permalink
    Hi Tramp, my wife and I are headed to the Bighorns in July. Our family has a cabin off hwy 16 we have been riding out there for several years. I was going to try and ride around Cloud Peak this year. I have a question if I may be so bold,here in Ohio our ATV's are licensed and I know WY. has some sort of law other than the $15.00 sticker we always get. I am wondering if the two states are reciprocating with license plates. this is the first year Ohio has issued actual plates. I have talked to a few people with the forrest service but there seems to be some confusion. Thanks Tramp.
  3. 10-29-2010 08:34 AM - permalink
    Whoops, ment to say 5/15/11
  4. 10-29-2010 08:33 AM - permalink
    You can go to the USDA Forest Service Black Hills National Forest web site and read all about it.
    To sum it up short for you, it designates specific trails for atv's and other ohv and limits off road and off trail riding. It goes into effect 12/1/10. However by then it will be closed for snowmobiles, so in theory it won't start till next spring. Alot of trails will not be open till 5/15/10. If you get to a F.S. office you can stop in and get maps that will show you all the trails and what they can be used for. Will be alot of 50" and less trails.
  5. Brewsome
    10-29-2010 07:47 AM - permalink
    Hey I didn't hear about the travel management plan what does it entail? Tried looking on the internet but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any info. John
  6. Brewsome
    10-13-2010 08:52 PM - permalink
    Just thought I would say hi. It has been a pretty busy month since I last talked you. We had to go see the wifes father then I had to go to Peoria Ill. for a week for work. Glad thats over. Keep me up to date if you don't mind about any club activities going on. I will be over in the hills the first week of Nov. deer hunting and riding the four wheeler. Later John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.