OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
You can say that again. Good thing I can type about 40 WPM, or I'd be here all day.
To this day, I tell people the best course you can take in High School is typing. In my prime it was 50 WPM. Now, more like 35-40 depending on if I got enough sleep.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
To this day, I tell people the best course you can take in High School is typing. In my prime it was 50 WPM. Now, more like 35-40 depending on if I got enough sleep.

I taught myself to type. Not as good as some of my friends but I can get a good 20WPM.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I still remember asking my mom which class I should take in 7th grade. Typing or French. She asked which one I thought I would use more.

Of course, if I had known, and they'd have offered it, Spanish would be a close call.

(that should be good for a few pages of discussion)

Old 05-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustRandy
Anyone that thinks they KNOW whether global warming is a concern or not is making speculation a proven fact. I don't think anyone can say with any certainty one way or the other. There is no sense in fighting over it.

I agree whole heartedly, which is exactly why we should not be attempting to destroy our own economy in order to fight something that is only speculation.

We should NOT subvert our own economies and then expect other countries to do the same to theirs.

We have to lead by example, then slowly force them into submission.

Yeah, that’s gonna work

Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I still remember asking my mom which class I should take in 7th grade. Typing or French. She asked which one I thought I would use more.

Of course, if I had known, and they'd have offered it, Spanish would be a close call.

(that should be good for a few pages of discussion)

I would have taken French had it been offered, but then at that time I lived right near the Canadian border. Spanish would be much more helpful now...

Old 05-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Dawg has been told in a PM
I didn’t answer your message because I rarely answer anyone’s messages. Everything I have to say can be said right here. I have also received messages from people in here that agree with me but I haven’t answer them either, for the same reason.

He has been nothing but confrontational and disrespectful from the start. Those that show a basic form of respect, get some. -His military background has nothing to do with the accuracy or the content of his comments here.

You have been far more disrespectful than I in all of our disagreements.

While I have not used my background in any of our disagreements, my military background DOES play a part. When I make a statement, it is because I believe in what I am saying. If I use a quote or a source it is because I believe it to be relevant or accurate.

This is the Politics forum. If you can't handle it, or don't like the conversation, the rules say to go elsewhere. As stated: "Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum." -Sorry if you don't agree.

I agree with you here…

Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I agree whole heartedly, which is exactly why we should not be attempting to destroy our own economy in order to fight something that is only speculation.

We should NOT subvert our own economies and then expect other countries to do the same to theirs.
Well,,,, the problem is: What if the speculators are right? You don't know either way. If the GW theorists are correct, you have an ethical obligation to do something, even if it means destroying the economy.

On another note, aside from GW, we need to get off oil anyway. Coal too I suppose. Both are limited resources and neither are very efficient. We can do better.

In the beginning, cellphones cost a fortune. Now they're disposable commodities. I can see a day where solar panels are so cheap, electricity would be just about free. Plug your car into the solar grid, drive for free and have oodles of torque. 4-wheel drives will have a motor for each wheel yielding TRUE 4wd! Who needs diff lockers anymore? Drive for free and sell your excess power back to the power company for a profit:

http://www.tva.com/greenpowerswitch/partners/

"TVA will purchase all of the green energy output at a rate of 12 cents per kilowatt-hour for solar and 3 cents per kilowatt-hour for other renewable generation as a premium payment above the retail rate and any fuel cost adjustments. For example, if you pay your power company 10 cents per kWh for the electricity you use to your power your home each month, then TVA will pay you 22 cents (10 cents plus a 12 cent guaranteed premium) per kWh for 100% of the green energy generated from your solar photovoltaic system. Moreover, a 2 kW solar photovoltaic (PV) installation in the Valley averages 200 kWh per month or roughly $44 per month Generation Credit:
200kWh X $0.22/kWh (average retail rate of $0.10 + solar premium $0.12) = $44

All new Generation Partners participants will receive a $1,000 incentive to help offset start-up costs.

The customer is guaranteed payments for 10 years from the start of the agreement with the local power company."

Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

--"We had 8 years of one of the worst runs a president ever had..."

The news media certainly depicted Bush that way. For the past eight years, they've been functioning as the PR department for left wing liberals. Possibly they have been trying to make us forget Jimmy Carter. For those too young to remember the Carter years, we had a recession that produced double digit unemployment at the same time as we had double digit inflation that drove the prime rate to nearly 20 percent. That was quite a feat to create inflation at a time when so many people weren't earning money to buy much. That's when the term "stagflation" was coined. We can only hope that by the time our Chicago politician gets done running the county, another Reagan will come along and clean up the mess like the old Reagan did after Carter. The news media never forgave Reagan for that.

I got a chuckle the other day when I saw NBC referred to as "Obama's pet peacock."

Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

To this day, I tell people the best course you can take in High School is typing.
No question, best class I ever took in high school.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
While I have not used my background in any of our disagreements, my military background DOES play a part. When I make a statement, it is because I believe in what I am saying. If I use a quote or a source it is because I believe it to be relevant or accurate.
That's fine from a personal perspective and I understand and believe you feel you are right....which is fine with me. Only thing I was saying, with due respect, is that because you are retired military doesn't necessarily make me believe that your opinions are correct. I have a lot of retired military in my family, mostly Navy, and don't agree with some of them either. I'm surrounded by about 70% conservative minded people from most friends to many in my immediate family. I don't agree with most of them either. Makes for some fun discussions at the dinner table.

Quick Reply: They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...........here are three