ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   OHV Riders Rights and also Politics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ohv-riders-rights-also-politics/)
-   -   Congress To Spend $200 Million For Private Travel (https://atvconnection.com/forums/ohv-riders-rights-also-politics/316555-congress-spend-200-million-private-travel.html)

xFreebirdx 08-06-2009 06:19 AM

Congress To Spend $200 Million For Private Travel

What a bunch of assholes. :mad:

Lawmakers Sign Off On Buying 3 Gulfstream Jets Worth $65 Million Each To Fly Government Officials Around The World

scootergptx 08-06-2009 07:41 AM

Figures. :rolleyes:

Technically, since we're footing the bill, shouldn't we be able to borrow it too?

MooseHenden 08-06-2009 09:48 AM

Can I sit in first class? Coach is very tight for me... You keep thinking this bunch will wake up and stop spending our money and then.... Uggh... PS I don't really care who started it but where does the Constitution state that Senators and Congressmen/Congresswomen should be going around the world anyway...? Hmmm, it's not in there is it? Gee, isn't that an Ambassador's job?

scootergptx 08-06-2009 10:06 AM

And how about the stuff they're trying to sneak by?

Let's just cut the F-22, let some people lose they're job and compromise the security of our country. :rolleyes:

xFreebirdx 08-06-2009 10:30 AM

Congress is a joke.

rancher55 08-06-2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx (Post 2829954)
Congress is a joke.

That's right freebird,...and look who's leading them,...
The joker himself!:lmao:

HawkeyeRider 08-07-2009 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx (Post 2829954)
Congress is a joke.

Yep, it's just another example of political elitism. Politicians think they are above and outside any rules that everyone else has to follow. They have forgotten, the backs of the people they are riding are the same backs that used to tar and feather people such as them. Its only a matter of time before the main poppulace gets totally fed up with the politicians flagrant dissreguards for the wants of the people that put them into office. jmo

rancher55 08-07-2009 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider (Post 2830561)
Yep, it's just another example of political elitism. Politicians think they are above and outside any rules that everyone else has to follow. They have forgotten, the backs of the people they are riding are the same backs that used to tar and feather people such as them. Its only a matter of time before the main populace gets totally fed up with the politicians flagrant dissreguards for the wants of the people that put them into office. jmo

I hope that day comes soon Hawkeye! As fast as they're spending, the country will be too far gone for us to ever see a recovery in our lifetime. It may already be there now!
I plan on paying a visit to our local Democratic and Republican offices and voicing my opinion in person and in no uncertain terms! I hope you all will too!
:mad: