OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

April Cheaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Tax is already paid on houese, land and all real estate sales, it's called excise tax.
I would think all real property sales should be exempt.
And why tax people who make over a million a year more??? You make it "more equal" by taxing everybody the same percentage!!!
What's more equal than that???
Like I said, it's not equal. A national sales tax is regressive. They buy less, because they have more. That means that people who need to buy more, because they have less, pay a larger percentage!!! of the dollars needed to run the country. -I guess you're a multi-millionaire who feels the need to be concerned and defend the rights of the top 1%. Hey, that's your prerogative Red. I said slightly more, and I mean slightly more because it's regressive. It's not even and it's not equal.

Not going to get into an argument with you over the little details of a flat tax. I think it's a good idea, period.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FunRide
Like I said, it's not equal. A national sales tax is regressive. They buy less, because they have more. That means that people who need to buy more, because they have less, pay a larger percentage!!! of the dollars needed to run the country. -I guess you're a multi-millionaire who feels the need to be concerned and defend the rights of the top 1%. Hey, that's your prerogative Red. I said slightly more, and I mean slightly more because it's regressive. It's not even and it's not equal.

Not going to get into an argument with you over the little details of a flat tax. I think it's a good idea, period.
A "rich" person usually buys a larger house and more land. More property tax on the local level. Usually buys a nicer car or truck. More excise tax on the local level. Bigger house uses more energy. Pays taxes on every gallon of heating oil or every pound of propane or cubic foot of natural gas. Usually hires people who mow his lawn, clean his pool, clean his house, etc. Probably entertains more often too. Catered of course. So the rich guy IS paying more tax based on his consumption and ability to do so. He hires a bunch of people to do the things he doesn't feel like doing. They have jobs and help the economy. The people who don't want to work for a living or to get ahead and are willing to live at the poverty level do very little for the economy and tend to leach off it. Oh, and if my memory serves me correctly the top 10% of earners pay 60% of federal taxes. Yep, those evil rich guys aren't paying there share... Sure... And don't accuse people of being rich if you don't know what there situation is. That's garbage. If you think I'm rich, for instance, you would be right if you compare me to the people living in Appalachia. But, we live within our means and can, by God's grace, keep a modest roof over our head, food on our table, and clothing on our backs. The poor don't hire people, the rich do. It's better for the poor to be taught how they can, with effort, become well to do, than for the government to keep increasing taxes and bringing people down. I find it interesting that my neighbor came from China, opened a business here and owns a home twice as large as me with a nice additional sunroom added this last fall. I say good for him. The guy works his tail off working long hours. He deserves the reward of his labors. Not someone or a system that doesn't understand basic economics.