OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

April Cheaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April Cheaters

With all the talk of deficits, I'm really surprised they're not talking about finding some way to get the scumbags to pay their fair share. There are so many people that cheat and work under the table. For every dollar scammed, we have to pay their dollar. I'm talking everybody on the social ladder.....the richest people are the worst offenders with their outrageous shelters and dodges, but the waitress and bar tender are equally at fault. The corporations moving offshore.....There's got to be another way to deal with taxes in this country so that it's fair. The middle wouldn't be getting crushed if the ends paid their %.

Edit: Maybe not the "richest people", but the top wage earners would be more accurate. Obviously not everybody......

Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Easy. It's called the "fair tax". Do away with all income tax with all it's loopholes etc. Replace it with a national sales tax. That way, the scumbags who deal in dope and other illegal activities pay when they buy their fancy cars, and bling. Also the more wealthy pay on what they buy which is a lot higher dollar than what middle class buy. Also eliminating the NEED for so much tax money would help. We have gotten too used to the government taking care of us. The federal government's main purpose is to provide a strong army to protect us. Everything else is supposed to be up to the individual states. Now we have an administration that wants to be more involved in our daily lives, with more control over us, and making us more Dependant on the federal government. All at a cost of trillions of dollars of debt placed on the American people for generations to come.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree that a flat tax or maybe a national sales tax would be a better way to go. It would cut the need for accountants and the majority of the IRS. Not going to hold my breath. Spending must be cut, but it just keeps going up.

On the tax cheats getting brought to justice, I'm all for it. Let's do a top down prosecution. Obama's cabinet members that didn't pay their fair share (but somehow mostly got seated), the members of the House and Senate that haven't paid their share, state and local representatives that cheat on their taxes, and finally the citizens who aren't being honest. The best way to get people to be honest about their taxes is by setting an example, not by waiting until you get caught (or are being nominated for a cabinet position). The people who write the burdensome tax levies on you and I seem to have a, "it applies to you, not me", attitude. Let's clean house with them and then go after the citizens. It would also help Mr. and Mrs. America (the citizens) if they would learn you can't spend money you don't have without paying the price somewhere down the line. They ask us to trust them but they don't act honestly. I'm all for prosecuting the guilty. Let's start with them.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I like the idea of the flat tax too. Only problem is that it's a bit regressive, since the richest folks already have a lot of the things they need. They buy premium things that are handed down and given to the younger generation. This would put more of a tax burden on the average Joe (% basis).

While we're talking spending, we need to take a serious look at the massive and excessive military spending this country makes to defend the rest of the damn world. The military contractors have many in Congress by the *****.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I agree about the spending to defend the rest of the world, but the rest of the world always expects the USA to come to their aid.
Not only when genocide is happening, but like now, during natural disasters, why does the USA always have to be the worlds savior?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
I agree about the spending to defend the rest of the world, but the rest of the world always expects the USA to come to their aid.
Not only when genocide is happening, but like now, during natural disasters, why does the USA always have to be the worlds savior?
I have no freakin' idea. Before WWI we did not get involved. I guess our Christian core dictates that we protect the innocent of the world at any cost (to us). Time for the rest of the rising world to take the righteous reins.

I guess you gotta look at it from our security standpoint too. The world has gotten really small with jets and Internet communication. If "they" live in horrid conditions, they will try to take what we have. Better to bring them up in our model, then fight them on theirs. Who knows.....sure does suck paying for it though.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Oldman800
Easy. It's called the "fair tax". Do away with all income tax with all it's loopholes etc. Replace it with a national sales tax. That way, the scumbags who deal in dope and other illegal activities pay when they buy their fancy cars, and bling. Also the more wealthy pay on what they buy which is a lot higher dollar than what middle class buy. Also eliminating the NEED for so much tax money would help. We have gotten too used to the government taking care of us. The federal government's main purpose is to provide a strong army to protect us. Everything else is supposed to be up to the individual states. Now we have an administration that wants to be more involved in our daily lives, with more control over us, and making us more Dependant on the federal government. All at a cost of trillions of dollars of debt placed on the American people for generations to come.
Agreed,sounds good to me!

Trending Topics

Old 03-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

We have to meet up some time this summer at Leerjak or St.Joe, Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Oldman800

We have to meet up some time this summer at Leerjak or St.Joe, Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth.
I like the sales tax too. It is a bit regressive though (on us). Need to find a way to make it more equal. Just a little extra something for those who make over 1 million a year? Could be a slippery slope though.

Not sure how the Forbes plan was layed out. Was his plan a national sales tax?

I guess the national sales tax would include all out of state sales and Internet sales. Boy, New Hampshire would be in big trouble. Where would I get my cheap booze?

How would a national sales tax impact major purchases, like ATVs and boats? Not sure....What about auto sales. Bet people would drive their cars a lot longer. Would you pay on a house?

Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Tax is already paid on houese, land and all real estate sales, it's called excise tax.
I would think all real property sales should be exempt.
And why tax people who make over a million a year more??? You make it "more equal" by taxing everybody the same percentage!!!
What's more equal than that???

Quick Reply: April Cheaters