OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Moose's musings

Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Moose's musings

I find it interesting that George Bush was called a horrible President when unemployment was 4.5% but the economy is recovering under Obummer with 8.5% unemployment.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Seems it doesn't matter which party you favor, the other guy is always the worst president in history. No matter what the facts or numbers may be.

I will give Obama credit, he's actually using both to prove he is.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The Quote of the Decade:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
The Quote of the Decade:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
I guess he didn't mean himself or the Democratic controlled Senate that hasn't passed a budget in over 3 years.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it interesting that George Bush was called a horrible President when unemployment was 4.5% but the economy is recovering under Obummer with 8.5% unemployment.
I just googled the unemployment rates: 7.8 when Bush left office and it's 8.1 today.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by cudavic
I just googled the unemployment rates: 7.8 when Bush left office and it's 8.1 today.
One of the troubles with the unemployment rate is it doesn't include the self-employed who are struggling in this economy or the people who stopped looking for jobs and aren't on unemployment anymore. The rate is roughly 2x the stated rate.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mute point, Bush still sucked.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Bush did give us way too much spending on new social programs. Obummer has quadrupled the debt. The one thing I appreciate about Bush was his Supreme Court picks. They've returned to more of a common sense bench.

The two alternatives to Bush would have been far worse. Al Gore would have decimated the oil industry in the name of global alarmism and Kerry would have been almost as bad. If you think social spending increased under Bush (and it did), think how things would be with 12 years of liberalism giving away the farm.

Honestly, I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils but it is what it is. You have to look at the final candidates and their records and weigh things out. If it means I'm voting for someone I agree with 50% of the time on issues rather than the guy I agree with 10% of the time I'll take the 50%. We can wish all we want for each of our ideal candidates to move to the head of the pack but it doesn't happen much in presidential races.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing will change until someone steps in and makes alot of changes that people don't like. We are giving things away for free.

We can't be the nice guy any more.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by scrambler400enoge
Mute point, Bush still sucked.
And that reason alone will be why some people will still vote for Obama, again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moose's musings