OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Anti-homosexual marriage law ; unconstitutional?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-homosexual marriage law ; unconstitutional?

Well,
Some folks say the gov't needs to recognize gay-married folks.

I say that homosexual couples can not be well rounded. Folks are telling me to have diversity.... but i like tradition. Whats to come with this "refresh" button to remake America? Whats to come with the new breeds of children that will come from this? Physical things such as new diseases? Mental handicaps?

I bring this up because i saw a homosexual couple and what was surely an adopted child. Just by watching this scene i knew that child was going to grow up missing something!

The main reason why i am against homosexuality is because of it's biblical sorrow. That is of course partly the reason God destroyed Sauddam and Gamora. I have never felt this unnatural affection and i am grossely disgusted with it. Now you may say i'm a "clinger" as our current president refers to some of us by, but our Country was founded upon religion. We seem to have forgotten that we are one nation Under God.

We have freedom, yes, this is America. If you look at all the other countries and groupings (etc...) you will see when they fell was the time shortly after they strayed from tradition.

Anyone have any thoughts to add?

Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care what any 2 adults do in the privacy of their own homes but they shouldn't be allowed to push their homosexual lifestyle on impressionable kids. I think if homos want children, too bad, have them the way nature intended instead of adopting.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My arguments against it are simple.

1)It's unnatural to the Nth degree. Tab A goes in slot B to be simple about it. It's how we survive as a species.
2)If it had been normal before adoption and in-vitro fertilization we would have collapsed as a society. Look at what single parent families have done to their children. Now, to further confuse things you take away either the mother or the father. Is it any wonder why each generation is more confused than the last one.
3)Every context in Scripture that speaks of homosexuality call it a sin to be repented of. That is to turn away from. It's not something that should be celebrated.

If people want to behave in certain ways behind closed doors that is up to them. God has given us free will. I include heterosexual couples in this too. Things used to be more private. Now everyone wants to parade it in the streets. My .02 worth.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I don't care one way or the other. Most everyone I've talked to it totally against it but, has no reason as to why. Simple response is usally something like "its nasty". I understand personal beliefs but, they can't be used for law and I don't believe in personal beliefs ruling the lives of others. I can't agree with it being "unnatural" as there has been homosexuals throughout history. I'd be rich if I had 100 bucks every time I seen 2 same sex dogs going at it.

I can't argue the sway of the morals of a child raised in a homesexual home but, without statistics the argument can't really be used. I have a hard time believing just because 2 adults are homesexual they will press that feeling upon there child. I don't believe sexual orientation is like drugs where it's an easy choice to do or not. I don't know a single person that would "experiment" in homosexuality haha. My mother and father never pushed me to find a girlfriend or said thats what I needed to do. Around the age of 12 or 13 I just knew I had to have one of them haha.

I agree it is wrong in scripture however, as we all know, not only will it not hold up as a defense in court, many people gay or not, could careless. : \

As always these are just my thoughts. They could change easily. Currently I just don't think it's a big deal. But, i will say I'm tired of it being advertised and blown up by the media. I seen where DC was announcing a "GAY SUPERHERO!" so freaking what. Do it if you want. Why does it have to be a story!!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

We are not a Theocracy, We are a Republic, to maintain the free society we enjoy we shouldn't legislate it. Legislating this opens the door to legislating other parts of our lives. What 2 consenting Adults do behind closed doors should be the least of concerns of our government right now.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Originally Posted by scrambler400enoge
We are not a Theocracy, We are a Republic, to maintain the free society we enjoy we shouldn't legislate it. Legislating this opens the door to legislating other parts of our lives. What 2 consenting Adults do behind closed doors should be the least of concerns of our government right now.
Where's the like button?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It's the redefining of marriage that is anything but 2 consenting adults behind closed doors. What most Americans call abnormal is being paraded in the streets. We now have men marrying men, women marrying women. By your argument how about men marrying boys, and women marrying little girls. I mean it's a free society right? Why don't we throw in polygamy too. How about marrying animals too? See where this goes. Here in Mass. they want people to be able to go into any bathroom they "identify" with. So, if a guy thinks he's a woman he can go into a ladies room. I'm sorry, but if some huge guy walks into a ladies room after my petite wife goes in there, I'm going right in to make sure she doesn't get assaulted. They are actually considering this...

Our laws ARE based on moral codes in this country. Read the writings of the framers of the Constitution and you'll see that at the very core of their beliefs on law, freedoms, and individuality are their beliefs in a "Creator", specifically the God of the Old and New Testament. If you're willing to dig any deeper than the Constitution, and Bill of Rights, look into the Federalist Papers to see what they said about why the wrote what they did into our founding documents. You'll find almost all of them had a deep rooted faith that guided their decision making processes. If you take out the moral foundation of our laws than anything goes because we are nothing more than animals then. Why shouldn't we be allowed to act like them.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It's the redefining of marriage that is anything but 2 consenting adults behind closed doors. What most Americans call abnormal is being paraded in the streets. We now have men marrying men, women marrying women. By your argument how about men marrying boys, and women marrying little girls. I mean it's a free society right? Why don't we throw in polygamy too. How about marrying animals too? See where this goes. Here in Mass. they want people to be able to go into any bathroom they "identify" with. So, if a guy thinks he's a woman he can go into a ladies room. I'm sorry, but if some huge guy walks into a ladies room after my petite wife goes in there, I'm going right in to make sure she doesn't get assaulted. They are actually considering this...

Our laws ARE based on moral codes in this country. Read the writings of the framers of the Constitution and you'll see that at the very core of their beliefs on law, freedoms, and individuality are their beliefs in a "Creator", specifically the God of the Old and New Testament. If you're willing to dig any deeper than the Constitution, and Bill of Rights, look into the Federalist Papers to see what they said about why the wrote what they did into our founding documents. You'll find almost all of them had a deep rooted faith that guided their decision making processes. If you take out the moral foundation of our laws than anything goes because we are nothing more than animals then. Why shouldn't we be allowed to act like them.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, we can't legislate that someone can't have homosexual encounters behind their closed doors. But to recognize them as a happy couple attempting to replicate the life of a normal couple. Now, we all are saying they have the right to do what they want behind their doors. Now that makes it clear to me homosexuals don't really have a love relationship. Its just a very wrong sexual relationship.. Its common sense, i have never been attracted to another male...

Old 06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden

What I'm saying is this is a state by state issue it is not in the federal government's power legislate this away. I frankly don't want them to have that power and they should leave it to the states. As far as men marrying kids and that crap it won't happen. Kids minds are not fully developed and could not fully consent. That is what would stop it. Same with animals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anti-homosexual marriage law ; unconstitutional?