OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Obummer's EPA is at it again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Obummer's EPA is at it again.

I just read this today. This is in addition to the EPA trying to say that dust is a pollutant. I am so sick of this administration's efforts to control so many aspects of our lives. Obama’s ‘Abusive’ EPA Edict Targets Bikers, ATV Aficianados & Gardeners Too | RedState

Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats just stupid.... Hard to believe others get paid to think up this crap. Sounds like a good reason to build atv motors so they run on race gas. I know 100LL fuel has lead in it. As of right now my ex does not require fuel like that. I might try running it just to go against the grain. Its something I seem to be good at.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I did some more research and they also wanted to call hay that's nut bundled a pollutant too. They were starting to go after cattle farmers. One of the first things Stalin did when he came into power was to take control of the food production. So, we have a government wresting control over healthcare, shutting down oil exploration to what could possibly be one of the biggest sources in a century (oil sands on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains), dragging their feet on new drilling permits (even though federal judges said they had to grant them), and much, much more. I think comparing him to Stalin is legitimate.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well Moose, i know he ain't gonna make the wind stop blowing because the "green thing" to do is build windmill farms that's gonna bankrupt us, but he'll need to create water to settle the dust down. Oh the annointed one must go. in the famous words of trump......you're fired. here comes a november to remember.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

... that article stretches the truth in a HUGE way. The law says that anyone purchasing E15 or higher Gasoline must buy 4 or more gallons. They're doing this to make sure high Ethanol content doesn't end up in lawn mowers, or ATV's, because it ruins small engines. All gas stations offering E15, must also offer varying, lower Ethanol content Gasoline which can be purchased in any quantity. This is good for us.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Lolumad273
... that article stretches the truth in a HUGE way. The law says that anyone purchasing E15 or higher Gasoline must buy 4 or more gallons. They're doing this to make sure high Ethanol content doesn't end up in lawn mowers, or ATV's, because it ruins small engines. All gas stations offering E15, must also offer varying, lower Ethanol content Gasoline which can be purchased in any quantity. This is good for us.
One of the problems with this system that I've been told about is that between the pump handle and the valve that changes to the blend you've chosen can have up to 4 gallons of fuel in it. Not sure about that. But, if true, it could mean that if a pump has both 10% and 15% ethanol you could, in fact, be pumping 15% for the first couple to few gallons. I don't know anyone to ask about the pump valving.

The hay and dust being called pollutants I've heard from more than a few sources. If that's anywhere near as bad as it sounds that's dangerous ground for our farmers whether they be family owned or big industrial type farms. It's not a good idea to fool with not only our food supply, but the food supply for a good part of the world.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Range Rover

Well some of the valved ones may pump whatever was pumped last for however much was in the line, certainly less than a gallon. That's just a matter of mechanics, and is something that happens now, every time you select 91/93 octane at the pump.

I haven't bothered to read into hay and dust, as everyone at the EPA eats food the same way we do, and I'm sure they have an interest in making sure their family eats.

Perhaps, and I'm making this purely out of speculation, but my guess is that the dust pollutant thing would be a throwback to the "dust bowl". We're in a drought, and farmers really do need to be rotating crops to avoid dust storms. Just a guess.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is good for us? what?

screw ethanol. they got to consume more gallons of gasoline/diesel to make ONE gallon of ethanol.
let the corn be eaten by man or beast and let the sugar beets be used for tea and sweetener. NOT FUEL. this is ridiculous.

what's next? maple syrup for lubricating the differential on trucks? molasses for transmission/gearbox lubricant? grape jelly for grease? oh yeah, i forgot, here comes the recycled vegetable oil. WOW, now all vehicles will smell like french fries.
gimme a break

Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly.

it's not a direct attack on small engines- they are basically saying that to clean up emissions, they want to switch over to E15- which most vehicles should be able to handle, but most small engines can't- and, if they were to give you a choice between the E10 & E15, you'd need to purge the lines approx 4 gallons before the E10 id dispensed. I can't imagine that would be all that hard to do- like moose mentioned.
I wonder if they purge the lines to switch between octane? mixing a couple gallons of 87 with 93 isn't going to make any difference when filling a tank.

I can see the motorcycle riders getting screwed with this, because most cycle tanks don't hold that amount. But, I don't see an issue with lawn mowers and all those smaller yard machines because most people just fill up a 5 gallon jug and bring it home anyway.

personally, I think it's BS. the difference 5% is going to make is not worth the trouble.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

I read up a little more on ethanol. It's being used because each gallon of ethanol (produced from corn grown in the US) replaces a gallon of fuel being bought. (It doesn't actually equate to a gallon because of the heat required to produce ethanol requires burning some kind of fuel) Ethanol is not cleaner burning from what I read. It's all about domestically produced fuel. It is harsh on rubber hoses also. Causes more dry rot. One thing I noticed when they introduced the 10% ethanol was a drop of 2 mpg. I don't want to see it get worse.

Quick Reply: Obummer's EPA is at it again.