Sky Jacker lift kits for truck o/t

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Jacker lift kits for truck o/t

does anyone have any experience with this, because i want to put a 6 inch lift on my Ford pick up, where can i find i kit for everything i need, Autozone? advanced autoparts?

does anyone on this forum have this kit?

thanks

Old 06-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

i have their 6" on my excursion and it rides a lot better than it did stock. i got mine through a dealer in longview and installed it myself.

Old 06-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

4 wheel parts is great to do business with. And if you get them at the right time, you get free shipping. They will also beat the price of other online shops

Old 06-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

4 wheel parts is a good company to work with, but make sure you get longer brake lines otherwise you can get yourself into a bad situation. if you want the best ride i would go with new rear springs instead of blocks, much smoother ride.

Old 06-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

i want bigger wheels too, would mickey thompson be a good wheel? (m/t)

Old 06-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

yes on the rear springs! get the all spring kit, it makes the truck handle way better than blocks in the rear. i've installed a few lifts and have gotting where i don't mess with the steel braided brake lines, they never seemed to fit right. i just move the monuts down. i'm running M/T classics with 35" parnellis. which truck do you have? if it's a superduty you might rub a little if you flex it pretty good while turning with 35" and 6" lift. but so far i've only rubbed once or twice and not bad.

Old 06-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

04 Ford excursion Power stroke diesel is what i have it is superduty, should i go bigger lift then? if it will rub?, if it is possible to lift more?

Trending Topics

Old 06-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

do you plan on getting the suspension to articulate or you just making a pretty truck?

Old 06-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

you can always go bigger just have to start digging deep in those pockets. a friend of mine has 24"s of lift on his excursion and is running 48" IROK tires i believe. thats to much lift for me, i want to be able to get in and out of the truck in the rain with out having to climb a rope ladder plus i want to still be able to go through the McDonalds drive through. if your not going to do any really hard off roading the 6" with 35s will work but if your going to get in any rough stuff then you might want to go with the 8" lift. you might as well plan on double if not triple shocks on fron and i would think about dual shocks in the rear. i run triples on front and dauls on the rear which was one thing that helped the handleing. also look at some heavier sway bars, our excursions are over 9000lbs and need all the roll control they can get. not sure what your wanting to spend but by the time i got through with mine i had a little over $6000 in the suspension and tires but there were some areas i could have cut that price a little. one more thing is the brakes. once you put 35s on it that heavy sucker isn't gona stop very good. i upgraded my front brakes to a larger rotor and heavier caliper, a little over $900 for that but was sure worth it.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, this is kind of random, but i've seen a track that is mounted to each rotor on a truck, and they are like tank treads, of course you need 4 wheel drive, i saw it on a monter garage back yard monster special, are those for retail, or were they custom made by some one, because it looks as if they just bolt on, just need strong sway bars, and strong suspension, i do not know if i am the only one that knows about this thing,

thanks

Quick Reply: Sky Jacker lift kits for truck o/t