ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   New pics up (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/179978-new-pics-up.html)

mywifesquad 11-16-2004 11:25 AM

New pics up

fidge1, Tell me ..... Exactlywhat does it cost to insure a teenager who own's a Escalade???
Or does mommy and Daddy pay that bill???

GlennJ 11-16-2004 11:35 AM

New pics up

Man, you guys are harsh. So he's a young guy with some toys. Big deal. If takes care of his stuff, more power to him. No matter who you are, there will always be someone with more. That's just life. And this is coming from someone who drives an 11 year old VW and a 20 year old three wheeler. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

motox26 11-16-2004 11:48 AM

New pics up

I agree, give him a break. He doesn't seem do be one of those guys that goes "ur just jealous because you only have a slow 400ex loser" or something like that. As long as you don't take what you got for granted and appreciate it, I ain't got a problem with ya.

BigBlack 11-16-2004 11:57 AM

New pics up

My favorite toy that keeps me warm and dry, my 3500 sq/ft home with 5 acre pond and huge front and back yard, I built and paid for my self.

My daughter (9 months old now) on the other hand will be just like this kid if I manage my money right. She will have very nice things. I will teach her the value of a $ though which I hope this kids parents are teaching him.

I am starting her college fund in Jan. so she will be guarenteed an opportunity for a good education. If she earns scholorships and such she will have a big check waiting upon her college graduation to do with as she wishes.

BTW: Nice toys and hope you become a outstanding citizen and bless those who have blessed you when they need it.

fidge1 11-16-2004 05:42 PM

New pics up

Thanks for all the comments guys--- I pay about 3500 a year for insurance on the caddy-- the quad and sled are insured through foremost insurance in vermont becuase we own a house there and they are 300 a year...

SNOWBUSTER---- i do pay for all that myslef--- caddy is a loan and i own the 2 toys-- O work hard for my money-- my job sucks right now untill i get a promotion... my parents are stricked at making me work for my money-- having to work 60 hours mon-fri and then sat mornings also.... all manually labor for the most part--- welding,soldering,troubleshooting ac units, running duct work, installs etc.......

mywifesquad 11-16-2004 07:58 PM

New pics up

[quote]
Originally posted by: fidge1
Thanks for all the comments guys--- I pay about 3500 a year for insurance on the caddy--

Thank's, I was just curious. I dish out about 2700.00 a year for 2 boy's 17/18 in 2 beater vehicle's PLPD coverage.

fidge1 11-17-2004 05:01 PM

New pics up

Its not cheap,,, hopfully It will drop once I turn 21

BigBlack 11-17-2004 05:03 PM

New pics up

Prob. not till you are 25. Try looking into taking a safe drivers course. Many insurance companies give breaks for these things and they are typically only one evening maybe two.

BigBlack 11-17-2004 05:05 PM

New pics up

You could prob buy a P.O.S. 4 banger 80's sedan or something and carry only liability on it in your name, then run the Cady on your parents policy listing them as drivers and end up with money in your pocket and a grunge mobile.

fidge1 11-17-2004 09:01 PM

New pics up

Good idea big black, we have an old 86 k car sitting in the back of the shop, im thinking about registering it.....