ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   MAX MAX MAX (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/2113-max-max-max.html)

Tree Farmer 07-22-1999 09:58 AM

You ask a good question, Andy: How many Forum readers were persuaded to buy new Maxes because of recent Forum posts admonishing them to do so? Do readers feel more or less inclined to buy a Max after reading enthusiastic posts proclaiming the superiority of this machine?

The Max is a legitimate ATV, with unusual characteristics, including its amphibious capability. Therefore, I believe some customers, somewhere, bought Maxes recently.

Further, I wonder: How many new Max owners forsook their existing quads or trikes for their new ATV's?

Responses to your fair and civil question should produce interesting data, Andy.

I remain brand-neutral, wishing anyone miles of safe, carefree enjoyment with whatever ATV he or she chooses.

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 07-22-1999).]

Andy Bassham 07-22-1999 02:23 PM

Tell me one thing.... Has anyone here been convinced to buy a MAX yet?

Just wondering

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

A_TEAM 07-22-1999 02:26 PM

NNOOOOO

------------------
Sylvain Belec 400 scrambler - 225 moto4

quad_man 07-22-1999 04:24 PM

Here is a believer!

My friend, after reading Brandon's post, sold his 1999 Trinity 500 Banshee, cherry stock '89 250r, and custom built Quadzilla and bought a 2-seater and 4-seat Max. He said he doesn't bottom out anymore when going through the whoops. I am trying to see how much I can get for my 500 as we speak.

BUY MAX!

Adam Dowden

PS-This isn't a slam to Max. I think they are pretty cool, I just don't like how certain Max oweners pass along their enthusiasm about the machine.

Chuck_Kreuzer 07-22-1999 05:46 PM

Tree Farmer? I knew who you were before I saw the e-mail address. Hi Jim!

BTW - What's a MAX? Does someone make a MIN?

Chuck - '99 Banshee

Gee, I just realized that these new handles are like going to a halloween party with all your friends that you can't recognize at first!

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 07-23-1999).]

Pasqualie 07-22-1999 11:05 PM

I am sorry, I have been living in a cave. What in the world is a Max?
Dave

quad_man 07-23-1999 01:37 PM

Andy, were you serious about the amusement park ride thing? If you were, do you know what the top speed is when you do that? Is it fastet than a Banshee because it's like putting all of those motors together in one? Have you used a radar gun on one yet?

quad_man 07-23-1999 01:40 PM

What is a Max? It my opinion it's a really cool ATV that can go just about anywhere. It has 6 low-pressure high flotation tires. It is 6wd and has a skid-steer type setup. It is great in the mud and snow, and floats. It's a good hunting machine, I have seen a few out in the middle of a marsh with dogs in them duck hunting. You can easily haul more than one person, I think up to 4. You can even get one with a big bed in the back. You can also get them in brown, red or green.

Their webpage is:

http://www.maxatv.com/

Andy Bassham 07-23-1999 02:21 PM

A MAX is either a 4 or six wheel amphibious atv. It has seats like a buggy or a car. Its very slow, but it can float, and from what I hear around here, its the best thing you can possibly imagine for playing in the mud. I also hear it will effortlessly climb over 2 ft. logs with utter ease. Also, if you have about 4 or 5 friends who also own MAXs, then you can connect them like a train to make your own special amusement park ride!

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

RoostKing 07-23-1999 02:47 PM

Although im not about to go out and uy a MAX yet, if i ever have the extra cash, and i have my dream quad built, (if ever) I would take a look at them. I saw one cruising around the dunes and it was getting around pretty good. Isnt there top speed like 35mph or something?

LAter
RoostKing