Syphoning gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Syphoning gas

Originally posted by: extremerider2811
obviously the tube has to be lower than the tank so gravity can do the rest...... duh??????
ummm right... but you still have to suck on the tube and risk getting gas in your mouth. I didnt have a problem syphoning the gas once i got it flowing. What are you trying to say? Did you read my post of just the topic?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

lol i've never done it because i always make sure i have enough gas..but i've watched some friends try it and it was FRICKIN Halarious LOL

Old 10-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Syphoning gas

I picked up a siphon hose at a truckstop. It has a metal end with a marble in it and you shake it and it'l start the siphon w/o drinking any.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
obviously the tube has to be lower than the tank so gravity can do the rest...... duh??????
ummm right... but you still have to suck on the tube and risk getting gas in your mouth. I didnt have a problem syphoning the gas once i got it flowing. What are you trying to say? Did you read my post of just the topic?
I actually thought the same thing at first. Syphoning from one quad to another seems slow. D'you go to a can?

Old 10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Originally posted by: tyler711
I actually thought the same thing at first. Syphoning from one quad to another seems slow. D'you go to a can?
Oh. I did go to a can after a couple trys. Well actually it was a bottle. I didnt have a empty gas can around and I had ran out of gas in my Z and the only other source of premium was from the blaster's tank. It wouldnt syphon very well from quad to quad and went really slow if it went at all. Hopefully i wont have to syphon againl. I have a can here now.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Oh. I did go to a can after a couple trys. Well actually it was a bottle. I didnt have a empty gas can around and I had ran out of gas in my Z and the only other source of premium was from the blaster's tank. It wouldnt syphon very well from quad to quad and went really slow if it went at all. Hopefully i wont have to syphon againl. I have a can here now.

Yeah, syphons have to go from UP to DOWN. The larger the difference in heights, the faster it syphons.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Yeah, syphons have to go from UP to DOWN. The larger the difference in heights, the faster it syphons.
Right.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

LOL Been there done that, but nowadays I go the work smarter not harder route. Turn the fuel off on the blaster then disconnect the fuel line from carb, run it into your gas can and turn to reserve. You can also get that bulb at a marine store (Boats, not the military) that goes in line on the fuel line. It's meant to be a primer, but makes a great siphon tool.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Sry, after reading my post, I sounded like an a$$, I wasn't being facetious. Seemed that way to me.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default Syphoning gas

Try this. Take a shop rag and wrap it around the hose into a ball. Put the balled up rag over the top of the hole for your gas cap. Hold it in place real tight so air won't leak out and blow into the hose instead of sucking on it. The preasure you put in the tank will force the gas through the hose. Once it's flowing, take the rag off so the tank can get some air.

If you have a compressor you can stick the air hose in the tank and cover the opening with the rag. Then just let enough air into the tank so the preasure keeps the fuel flowing.

If you insist on sucking on the hose try it with Exon gas that has detergent in it. That is the nastiest tasting gas there is.

Quick Reply: Syphoning gas