Anybody want to sue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-1999, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my December 1999 issue if Dirt Wheels from the store. I was looking at the cover and I saw the same sentence that was on Atv Magazine. The sentence is,"The World's Largest All-Terain Magazine." What is up with this? Just looking at the Atv Maganzine anyone could tell it's not the largest, might be the smallest though. So tell me what you think?

Arctic Cat 500

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 11-11-1999).]

Old 11-08-1999, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah,
They also say "Hot new Honda 1999" 5,000R (get my drift?) then ya look inside and oh, it is a 250R frame somebody stuck a jet motor in...
What they really mean is look inside for a really cool quad, but don't expect to go downtown and buy it.

I am done whining now...

Old 11-09-1999, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kinda like the lawsuit i just read about. The lawyer sues Ford motor company for something the driver did wrong (I.E. fall asleep at the wheel), and they won! I think 250 Million . So whats the lawyers cut? 75 to 100 million. Yes i do think many people go to law school with dreams of suing. Sorry.

RoostKing...

Old 11-09-1999, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

IT IS THE LARGEST. What's the problem, Dirt Wheels is obviously the largest ATV mag right now. Sure, mostly ads, but so are all other ATV magazines. It is BY FAR the thickest, comes to us every month, and has a good amount of content. I don't see what's wrong with them saying that.

Some people have lots to complain about, but, their favorite or not, Dirt Wheels is definately the largest ATV magazine.

I'll give them that.

------------------
- 1986 Honda TRX250R, 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 11-10-1999, 12:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KCLAYD,
Im certainly not trying to suggest that all lawyers are out to pursue these types of lawsuits, (My uncle is a lawyer, I started law school, but didnt want to deal with the scum... I commend you and my uncle for having the fortitude.) but you must admit that the temptation to collect huge sums of money can be a motivating factor when making a decision about ones livelyhood. Just like any profession, its the bad apples that make everyone within the same community look bad. When a lawyer (like the one I described) is about to make millions off of a frivolous lawsuit, that hurts ALL of us by way of higher priced vehicles, insurance, etc... Maybe if ethics were pushed a bit harder in law school, we would not have so many lawsuits that hurt us all.

RoostKing

P.S. I did not read the first part of your post. This story i relayed was not fantasy, but in reality a story in the local newspaper.Yes, FORD motor co. did lose the lawsuit because the driver fell asleep at the wheel. Of course under the disguise of safety. You see the roof collapsed on the passengers as the rolled down the highway. The crash protection the roof on the 1978 the Ford Bronco exceeded all crash protection requirements provided by the FED> by 100%. IT still exceeds this requirement by 30% today. So you tell me, why do people win lawsuits like this? Slick lawyers who confuse and incite the jury. Again you are right, FOrd has yet to pay, do to the fact the FORD lawyers are going to file appeal after appeal (which is their right) Will they pay, who knows, but the facts are FORD lost because someone fell asleep at the wheel and crashed.

[This message has been edited by RoostKing (edited 11-10-1999).]

Old 11-10-1999, 01:16 PM
Range Rover

all that's missing now is a five paragraph response from Tree Farmer!

Old 11-10-1999, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

True Bob, but I thought you were taking lessons from him so why don't your fill in for him.

------------------
Eric Baatz 1996 Suzuki KING QUAD Remember the KING Lives!!

Old 11-10-1999, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

Better one of his 5 paragraph responses than one of your one line slashes to the throat.

I for one, enjoy Jim's posts whether I agree with him or not.

Old 11-11-1999, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em

Old 11-14-1999, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

kclayd why must you always be the mediator in this post. all boner said was atv mag basically stole dirt wheels glory and now you are rambling about lawyers just going to school to sue and get money. please get off your horse and start walking like the rest of us.

tony
'97 banshee

[This message has been edited by tony (edited 11-14-1999).]

[This message has been edited by tony (edited 11-14-1999).]