ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   Ever hear of "Summer Gas"? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/237689-ever-hear-summer-gas.html)

MisterMom 04-25-2006 01:26 AM

Ever hear of "Summer Gas"?

I'm sure its been this way since the middle ages but we have a new term for a 5 cent gas hike, it's called "Summer Gas". In the Kansas City Metro the average gallon of regular unleaded is 2.86, the news says tonite that the change to Summer Gas will be soon and expect another 5-8 cent hike for that. I realise it has things in it to help people with breathing problems and other things to make the "summer air" easier to breathe. Not only am i disappointed with having to breathe dirty "winter air" but i have never heard of the "summer gas" thing. Does anyone else get the oppurtunity to purchase summer gas in their city?

MnFriesen 04-25-2006 04:40 AM

Originally posted by: MisterMom
I'm sure its been this way since the middle ages but we have a new term for a 5 cent gas hike, it's called "Summer Gas". In the Kansas City Metro the average gallon of regular unleaded is 2.86, the news says tonite that the change to Summer Gas will be soon and expect another 5-8 cent hike for that. I realise it has things in it to help people with breathing problems and other things to make the "summer air" easier to breathe. Not only am i disappointed with having to breathe dirty "winter air" but i have never heard of the "summer gas" thing. Does anyone else get the oppurtunity to purchase summer gas in their city?
ahh yes....summer gas...it is almost as bad as spending 50$ for winter air in my tires....I swear my mechanic just wants to rip me off some days

MIDDLEAGEDCRAZY 04-25-2006 04:40 AM

MisterMom, Summer gas has been around for A long time. I work in the Petroleum industry. It is nothing more then A ethonal blend gas that has been used in big city's for some time now. It is requried by E.P.A. In over populated aera's where smog is A health hazard. The oil company's and the Goverment has now figured out that By makeing it manditory everywere, They can jack up the prices and use clean air as an excuse. Don't mean to sound negitive But the corporations run this country now. Money is more important then the Working class American people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

scootergptx 04-25-2006 08:24 AM

I thought it had something to do with the increase of outdoor grilling and the intake of beans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I'm going to hoard winter air, just in case there's a shortage next year.

mywifesquad 04-25-2006 08:45 AM

They have been selling it here in Ca. for many years.

MisterMom 04-25-2006 01:21 PM

I guess it's just because i haven't heard the term before. The media here in KC take something and run with it. Gas being so high, i guess they are just trying to find another reason to scare people into not living normal lives. Middleagedcrazy.... is there a chance you could send me a couple 2 dollar off per gallon, coupons? being your in the industry and all. My birthday is next friday and i think that would be a great present. Thank you....SIR.

squeege 04-25-2006 01:23 PM

Yea, Summer' git'n ripped off worse in the summer ---summer gas

MIDDLEAGEDCRAZY 04-25-2006 04:52 PM

I guess it's just because i haven't heard the term before. The media here in KC take something and run with it. Gas being so high, i guess they are just trying to find another reason to scare people into not living normal lives. Middleagedcrazy.... is there a chance you could send me a couple 2 dollar off per gallon, coupons? being your in the industry and all. My birthday is next friday and i think that would be a great present. Thank you....SIR.
Sorry MM I work in A compleatly different dept. I have nothing to do with prices or coupon's. I think inorder to get the coupon,s you have to exceed the 150K Quota. That.s when you start getting the break's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

scootergptx 04-25-2006 05:37 PM

Originally posted by: MIDDLEAGEDCRAZY

Sorry MM I work in A compleatly different dept. I have nothing to do with prices or coupon's. I think inorder to get the coupon,s you have to exceed the 150K Quota. That.s when you start getting the break's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
They better raise that limit soon, or we're all gonna get coupons. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

speedi 04-25-2006 08:26 PM

I wish gas was that cheap here. With the conversion I'm paying over 4 bucks a gallon for 87 octane gas and I live in alberta, we're practicly floating on the stuff. O well could be worse, australia is paying over 6 bucks a gallon