female Needing Help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default female Needing Help please

Yes I know we need help fairly often when it comes to our atv's but I am having problems starting my polaris trail boss. It is electric start which I do not have a key for. It obviously still needs a battery right?

Old 05-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if it's your quad, why don't you have a key? The battery will help, but you'll need to get an entire new switch with key, good luck

Old 05-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did they bust you for multiple posting?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum
Do you always depend on the kindness of strangers?(In southern drawl)LOL
If you are hoping to just put a good battery in and use the recoil start, it's not going to work without the key. There is ways of getting around that sort of thing, but we don't talk about them here. No offense to you or anything. If you were a member on here for a while, and people knew you than they'd probably pm you to tell you how it's done. But you are a newbie, so that's a no-no. It's because a lot of people have had their quads stolen, and if nobody knows you they have to assume you could be a thief looking for some info on how to start a stolen quad.

You should be able to get a new key from Polaris, or get the whole key and switch assembly.

PS If you are a thief with a stolen quad, I still wish you the best of luck and get it started. And then hit a tree and die.
If not, good luck hope you get it fixed and you'll find this forum to be great for all kinds of info.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

that's what I like about you Sparky, to the point. I'm glad I never stole a quad and made your wish come true.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Welcome to the forum
If you are hoping to just put a good battery in and use the recoil start, it's not going to work without the key. There is ways of getting around that sort of thing, but we don't talk about them here. No offense to you or anything. If you were a member on here for a while, and people knew you than they'd probably pm you to tell you how it's done. But you are a newbie, so that's a no-no. It's because a lot of people have had their quads stolen, and if nobody knows you they have to assume you could be a thief looking for some info on how to start a stolen quad.

You should be able to get a new key from Polaris, or get the whole key and switch assembly.

PS If you are a thief with a stolen quad, I still wish you the best of luck and get it started. And then hit a tree and die.
If not, good luck hope you get it fixed and you'll find this forum to be great for all kinds of info.
Well put Sparky!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Welcome to the forum

AMEN. =]

Old 05-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Good reply Sparky.

If it is your quad, take to the dealer, and ask them about it. They can get you started. (pun intended) And if it's a good dealer, they'll let you in on the secret of a cheap fix.

If not, take it to the police station and ask the same thing.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Oh, can you go back to the people's house and steal a key too? That might help.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did not steal this quad. My ex and me bought them last year. We have since split up and I want to get it running. He was the one who would fix them. I just want to get it running, so I can ride it or sell it.

I DID NOT STEAL IT! Paid good cash for it!

Quick Reply: female Needing Help please