Rhinos ruining single track trails?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhinos ruining single track trails?????

I really think the point was way off,in the first place the (Rhinos, Rangers, Prowlers,Gators and such) are not super fast vehicles with massive tire spin. come on most of them need mud or sand to even get any tire spin. (yes) there are modified Rhinos and Rangers, but in most of those cases they are modified for specific type of riding like at the dunes. Now dont get me wrong they do have an impact but if you really want to mention tearing up and leaving ruts come on I can show you on any trail system where a motorcylce or aven atv have spun major ruts due to there tire spin and speed. so nstead of saying the Rhinos are bad or atvs are bad lets all agree it is the person riding them that needs to show the respect to the land and other people All it takes is one idiot no matter what they ride to ruin it for everyone else so lets agree to disagree on what is the best to ride and focus on saving our trails for the future rides we all love to go on.

SCOTT

Old 07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

You're right Ramsfan, look five posts back and that very point is made. It's not about 'tearing up the place' with power or tires, though just ramming one's way through can do as much damage to say, a bridge, as has happened.

So is it kosher for a person to cut trees and move things to make a trail wider or easier in order to open it up to suit a bigger machine? The guy with the bigger machine will say, "Sure it is! I have every right..."

I'm not so sure he does, but it's one of those things I doubt we'll all agree on, ever.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: Glenlivet
You're right Ramsfan, look five posts back and that very point is made. It's not about 'tearing up the place' with power or tires, though just ramming one's way through can do as much damage to say, a bridge, as has happened.

So is it kosher for a person to cut trees and move things to make a trail wider or easier in order to open it up to suit a bigger machine? The guy with the bigger machine will say, "Sure it is! I have every right..."

I'm not so sure he does, but it's one of those things I doubt we'll all agree on, ever.
Y'all should compare notes in the whats really happening in Michigan thread. =]

Old 07-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

OK, I can't find a 'What's really happening in Michigan' thread. Will you share the link? It's not very helpful to trot out a phrase and not provide any clue to where such information may be found.

Alright, I have found the thread using 'search', but of course the thread is 56 PAGES long! In your continued helpful manner, could you please identify the relevant posts?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Michigan Thread

Almost the entire thing was fighting until a couple people got tossed. Big beef also about who should get more miles, the MCs or the ATVs. I think that's what free was getting at.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote