ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   Aparantly we got a new president (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/300645-aparantly-we-got-new-president.html)

scrambler400enoge 11-05-2008 12:12 AM

Aparantly we got a new president

Mcain just conceded defeat Barack Obama 44th president of the United States.

Canadian144 11-05-2008 01:01 AM

I've been following it all night.... man it's been a pretty exciting race IMO. Interesting to see how the Democrats gained so many former Republican states.

FYI the large majority of the Canadian population was cheering for Obama...so we're all happy!

reconranger 11-05-2008 09:18 AM

Funny, I left Canada becasue of high taxes and liberal governments....

With a leftist president and a leftist congress, the enviromentalists are going to run wild and uncheked. Might as well sell your off-road equipment now while you can! (Not to mention your guns!)

Give the commie liberals 2 years to really f--- it up, and we will take the congress back after people see them for who they really are.

motox26 11-05-2008 09:25 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger
With a leftist president and a leftist congress, the enviromentalists are going to run wild and uncheked. Might as well sell your off-road equipment now while you can! (Not to mention your guns!)</end quote></div>

That's the first thing I posted this morning about somebody pro-lib.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Give the commie liberals 2 years to really f--- it up, and we will take the congress back after people see them for who they really are.</end quote></div>

This is kind of my thinking, or at least how I hope it happens. At this point I don't know if we will ever get back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

scrambler400enoge 11-05-2008 09:26 AM

Thats why I've got two acres.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But i'm happy we finnaly got bush out of there.Obama has my support.There seems to be alot of negativity towards him winning.This is AMERICA we all just surrvived 8 years of the worst president ever so pat yourselves on the back.We live in the greatest country in the world don't give up on it now.But bush did'nt do Obama any favors he will be thrown into the fire as soon as inauguration day.But we as country will get through it we always do.

scootergptx 11-05-2008 09:38 AM

Well, looks like you voted for change. Change that will be coming out of my dollar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Honestly think he'll only get one term, and he'll still screw up more than Bush did in 8 years.

Watch the media now. All the stories that were hidden will come out. Then you'll realize who and what you voted for.

I'll still salute the flag, and all those that died, and still are serving to defend it.

But don't think I'll salute a man that can't do the same.

motox26 11-05-2008 09:43 AM

The shame is, Bush will never, or at least not for sometime, get credit for the things he did for our country. I know one thing, we haven't been attacked since 9-11.

Scrambler, I sure hope that 2 acres is enough to keep your riding fixes in check. Heck, you might get told what to do with YOUR 2 acres one of these days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

scrambler400enoge 11-05-2008 09:46 AM

Oh I know that even if mcain won he would only make it one term.Let's just give him a chance.But I think we all can agree bush F--ed up bad.Trying to avenge his father's mistakes in Iraq but failed miserably.But when he gets in there taking away our quads will not be the first thing on his mind.Immigration,2 wars,Economy,the cold war threat.Only time will tell.

motox26 11-05-2008 10:00 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge
.But I think we all can agree bush F--ed up bad..</end quote></div>

I'm not saying there wasn't mistakes made, but I don't agree at all. I believe people are to ignorant to find out what's really going on and can't see the big picture. All people want to do is B*tch and say we should have done this, hindsight is 20/20.

Our quads definately isn't the most important issue, the point in bringing it up is to point out things to come. I'm afraid we're turning into a communist country, the gov't is going to take away our freedom, and I don't know if we will ever get it back. Immigrants will be running wild now.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Another thing I fear is that we will be divided that much further now. Regardless of who won, we all need to stand together to continue to be a strong and respected country. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen either.

MooseHenden 11-05-2008 10:10 AM

Yellow cake I think it all depends on which Obama we are going to see in the White House. Is it the; Illinois radical, friend of terrorist Ayers, student of Afro-centric pastor, ties with PLO leaders, banner of guns, allower of the murder of babies that survive abortion attempts, husband of "now I can be proud to be American" wife, perhaps not even a true citizen Obama, no drilling for oil, no use of coal, etc.??? Or, will it be the more "centrist" Obama that he portrayed himself to be? Time will tell. At least Bush had Supreme Court nominees that have shown some common sense. Oh, and about the war with Iraq; 500 metric tons of yellow cake uranium were found by the US and sold to Canada. That amount alone could have lead to the creation of approximately 160 nuclear devices. And, small amounts of chemical warfare agents were found. I think the worst thing that Bush and the Republicans did in the last 8 years is to not go for it. They ended up being big spenders, without spines to push through good legislation. I will be going to Bass Pro Shops to pick up some more items just in case. For those who say assault weapons are all they want to go after; a Ruger Mini-14 is essentially the same as an AR-15. The AR-15 was banned for further production under Clinton and went up in price 10 fold after the ban. Bush allowed the ban to expire and made it easier for law abiding citizens to get the firearm they wanted. What's the difference between so-called assault rifles and many semi-automatic rifles. Looks... Sadly, I think Obama will be worse than Clinton. He has a Democrat House and Senate to pass through anything he wants. Hold on to your wallets, your guns, and your freedoms. I hope we are wrong, but I live in Massachusetts and know where all this garbage leads. On the issue of race, I am truly color blind. I could care less where you come from and what hue your skin has. I DO care about issues that are clearly spelled out in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Obama's views on many of these precious, bought with blood, rights are contrary to the Framer's intents. An interesting read is the Federalist Papers. They provide the WHY to what the Framer's intended for this Republic. PS If it had been JC Watts or Alan Keyes I could have voted for them.