I need some some advice on what I should do next on my 99 Honda Trx300ex ex its still

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some some advice on what I should do next on my 99 Honda Trx300ex ex its still

Okay so I have a 1999 Honda Trx300ex I bought it for 800$ which it looked like it was is fair good condition didn't mind buying a project bike but now I'm starting to feel like I bought a lemon or maybe it's my mechanics idk, okay so I rebuilt the back end from the axel to bearings considering the bearings shot outta my axel the first day I took the bike out so now there's a whole new back end!! I did a full tune up spark plug oil and filter, I put the yoshi exhaust on and got the dyno jet kit stage 2 installed because it was bogging out really bad so my buddy hooked up a compression test to it and told me I needed new piston rings so I ordered a magnum big bore kit and namura piston and rode it and it's still bogging out a little bit much more power and compression considering it was only at 100 before I installed the big bore kit but it still sputtering what's wrong with it do I need a cdi or a big rev box? Will that help? I just don't know what step I need to take next I feel like I'm pissing my money away when I could have went and got something newer, so I basically got a brand new top end exhaust new filters and spark plug and it still sputters will the cdi box fix this or do I have a air leak or should I buy gasoline n set it on fire?!?!😜