MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 12:03 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can look at the interactive trail map to see what else is around the area too. Here's a screenshot I took. You can change it to a topographical map and do lots of other things with the options in the upper right corner.

https://midnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/w...8110fdb4f7799d

Old 02-09-2019, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I always bring a stack of maps of the areas we ride in, that have been compiled from past trips since 86, and I give ea. rider a copy, especially of the one, where we'll be on that day, just in case anyone might leave the group, while riding on trails, which happens nearly every trip, but I advise everyone to stop, look, and listen lol like rules from grade school lol But if anyone that just tries to go on/panic and head off like head is cut off, will only make finding them extremely hard, considering on how many trails there are, where we ride, with trails leading off to other trails in all directions, where they might find themselves dangerously out there, ''after dark'', on a ''cold night'', with spooky ''man eating'' critters waiting on them, like bears, tigers, wolfs, Michigan Wolverines, pythons, alligators, big foots, man eating aliens, them ugly mean attack pond geese and wild turkeys, their no joke, man their vicious! Well maybe I might have exaggerated about most of some of these critters a bit, but them wild turkeys are ''very scary'' especially if one happens to jump down on ya, or poop down on ya, in the dark, poop your pants terrifying, and should scare you enough to make sure to pay attention, and stay with the pack especially after dark....scary!! lol

Hope I haven't frightened off anyone considering a trip out riding! lol You'll be fine, I might have exaggerated some, of the wild life, but as long as you got my map....and if you don't loose it, you might be ok lol
Taking reservations now for spring/summer scary ATV trips....filling up quickly soon! so don't hesitate/procrastinate, get left behind, while waiting too long! lol Get with me ASAP and reserve your spot for one of these terrific trips, ''coming up soon'', or as soon as this long *** winter moves out of here. Get in touch soon, don't be afraid....
Thanks, your scary trail buddy, Steve lol

Old 02-09-2019, 10:30 PM
THE BERMINATOR

You know, I always wanted to procrastinate but I just keep putting it off.

Before I had a computer and printer there were only 2 ways to get trail maps, either stop at a DNR office and ask for them, or get them by mail. If you sent a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) you could get up to 4 maps in each envelope you sent in. So I sent a a lot of SASEs and got them all. And some of them were outdated the year after I got them. Now that I have a computer and printer I can print the most up-to-date maps. That's what I did for Rose City trail and Ambrose Lake last year, because the year before one of my friends was talking about heading that way "next summer" and we did.

I haven't seen most of those animals in Michigan but one of my uncles swore he saw a kangaroo jump across the road in the U.P. I read somewhere that other people have seen kangaroos and other animals in places they shouldn't be too. One theory is that the animals were somehow teleporting from place to place. I'm not making that up either. There have been several cougar sightings around Michigan including some here in Flint. Nobody knows where they came from. The DNR says the native mountain lions were wiped out in 1906 and these could be from over 900 miles away in North Dakota and South Dakota. That's a long way to walk. Maybe they teleported.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Between the booze and now the weed smoke that ya'll voted for your not gonna believe all the things people are gonna be seein!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:58 AM
THE BERMINATOR

Teetotalers like my uncle have been seeing strange things around Michigan for several decades. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets even stranger.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Don't ride alone, get with me and lets plan a trip here in Michigan, some great trails to ride, from West Branch to Mio areas!

Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
THE BERMINATOR

If you see a big fat guy up there on a faded red Sportsman 500 H.O. EFI, wave to him. If it's me I'll wave back and stop.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ok...then what if it ain't you? Lol...mabey we should just plan a trip in your riding area so we can meet after all this chat all winter long.....just keep in mind I need orv routes for my SxS..let us know.......

Old 03-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Fat guys are cool too! As long as they love the T-bones I through on the barbie!! Can't ride all day, without some meat on our bones!! lol Easy for me to say....I just ate steak/bake potatoes/canned carrots n butter sauce!! with chips on side!! My Iguana almost took my hand off, offering a piece to her!! lol

Old 03-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Don't ride alone, get with me and lets plan a trip here in Michigan, some great trails to ride, from West Branch to Mio areas!
Don't plan on riding alone, but want to be prepared just in case... I am sure the wife qill want to get away sometimes and when she doesnt ride I may have to do some lone riding to get away for my own sanity. Never know when you get split apart, lost whatever, just want to be prepared! I never ride by myself further than I can walk back if needed. Also never ride alone after dark. Hopefully I will find enough riding friends that have time when I do. I have also been making riding friends in other states, suprisingly there are quite a few fellow retired folks in Penn. and WV , other places I want to ride. Penn has made trails that cover the no longer used coal mines for mine tours, with many still open just for show.

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50