Another Sad Head Injury Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< You know im just a begging rider, but the more and more i think about it the more importance i see in wearing a helmet. What kind of helmet do you guys recemend for about $50? I was looking at them in JC Whitney are they any good? Thanks and ride safe. >>

Bad idea. Helmets are one of those things you need to try on before you buy. Go to the local bike shops and find something that fits well (not too loose) and has DOT or SNELL ratings. It will cost you more than $50 though but you'll be glad you got a decent one.

Old 02-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Helmets i preach at the teenagers i ride with all the time they dont think they will get hurt if they crash.My 9 yr old son wears helmet boots chest protecter and gloves every time he touches his 4 wheeler. As for a good cheap helmet....there arent any the best low priced helmet i found was a Zuse(not sure on spelling) but i got one for the wife it was $90. My Fullmer was $125 and the boy's HJC was $110 all money well spent.Like i was told years ago if you have a $10 head get a $10 helmet.

Old 02-14-2002, 12:46 AM
SR2
Trailblazer

Im going to go to the dealer and try some on soon. Ill get one of the best, i dont mind paying the extra cash for a better quality one. Antway thanks for the info guys.

Old 02-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

A kid that lives across the road from my grandmother flipped his Honda 300 4x4 yesterday. He's in critical condition. I know the kid doesn't wear a helmet.

I know it sounds cruel, but if you dont wear a lid, you're just asking for it.

Old 02-19-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I'm a Professional Firefighter-Paramedic in Florida and I have seen the effects of wearing a helmet and NOT wearing one. In Florida we don't have to wear a helmet if over the age of 18. I will tell you first hand that HELMETS SAVE LIVES! Buy one that fits snug, make sure it has a DOT or Snell rating. If your lucky they will have both though very few do. I have little to no pity for anyone that does'nt wear a helmet. Also for those who witness a rider wreck and think they need to go to the hospital DO NOT REMOVE THE HELMET, YOU WILL CAUSE MORE DAMAGE to the patient! Let the professionals remove it if they even do. I usually transport the patient to the hospital with thier helmet still on them.

Old 02-19-2002, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the tip proemt!!! i just hope i never witness such a thing, and thats why i am not an emt. i have had 2 concussions, both while wearing my helmet. without it, i would not be sitting here typing!

my pics

Old 02-20-2002, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

my friend got hurt last year,he hit a car head on his helmet came flying off.He came very close to dying but now hes ok,it caused lot of prolems for him w the law andI believe his g/f from it.ANyway i was riding 2 weeks in the woods on my new Mohave while I came upon 2 guys who had a new 400ex.We stopped and talked the 2 kids said they had it registered insured in case ya hit a kid in the woods tha twould be bad.I look at them No safety gear what so ever not even a helmet.I always ride w a helmet and gear but am not registered or insured.To me I'd walk away before these 2 idiots would because all the insurance and registration isnt gonna help ya 1 damn bit if your dead or ya quad is laying on top of ya.I said to my bud who was having trouble starting his 3 wheeler look at them idiots practice what they cant preach what a load of happy horsesh*t some people never learn I swear.I'm sorry to hear bout the girl hope she is ok.