ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other ATV Topics (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/)
-   -   Post antique ATV parts sources, please. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-atv-topics/77913-post-antique-atv-parts-sources-please.html)

rabnud 10-15-2002 09:20 AM

Post antique ATV parts sources, please.

I have a REALLY old ATV.... 1984 Honda TRX200 shaft drive. Dealer is ridiculously high: for example, factory front wheels are >$120 each, most aftermarket sources for this machine are not listing very many parts. I and others in my situation (e.g. early yammies, suzukis, etc) need a few sites which can supply parts for our old stuff, preferably sites which turn over a high volume of parts, but anything is better than the nothing I have right now.

Thanks in advance (BTW: I'm not asking for you to post your opinion of my old machine, I already know it's old; I only want useful assistance locating parts for older machines.)

MuddHound 10-15-2002 03:38 PM

Have you thought of ebay??? Just for grins and giggles I went there and did a search for your machine and found a pile of stuff, including wheels.

JoshCVBz 10-15-2002 05:14 PM

Probably comparable to your dealer, but www.bikebandit.com has old ATV parts.

-Josh

ftwflh 10-15-2002 06:42 PM

I sold one of these to a guy that has a shop here in southern Illinois dont know if he still has it but it was all there.If you want I can see if I can find his number.You know this a pain to find parts for it is a one of a kind machine (Hondas first 4 wheeler) good luck

rabnud 10-16-2002 08:02 AM

Originally posted by: MuddHound
Have you thought of ebay??? Just for grins and giggles I went there and did a search for your machine and found a pile of stuff, including wheels.
Ahh, Yes! Thanks for that. I never think about ebay: I'm fearful fraud, getting hot goods and findina a scam artist, but I'd guess that ATV parts shouldn't be as likely to have problems compared to Computers, VCRs, camcorders and the like. Good idea!

rabnud 10-16-2002 08:16 AM

Originally posted by: Piranha
Probably comparable to your dealer, but www.bikebandit.com has old ATV parts.

-Josh
Niiiiice! Factory front wheels are $102 from this place, a bit better than my dealer. I also found PowerSportsPro has a nice selection, about the same as BikeBandit offers.

rabnud 10-16-2002 08:19 AM

Originally posted by: ftwflhI sold one of these to a guy that has a shop here in southern Illinois dont know if he still has it but it was all there.If you want I can see if I can find his number.You know this a pain to find parts for it is a one of a kind machine (Hondas first 4 wheeler) good luck
Thanks ftwflh, I'm grateful for your offer but I'll pass for now. Maybe this thread can continue with more people posting their favorite salvage yards or more links to distributors like those above?

dillas23 10-16-2002 09:32 AM

go to atvsalvage.com They ususally have a good supply of parts.

rabnud 10-17-2002 08:11 AM

Thanks, dillas23.