OFF TOPIC...OLD MOVIES

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFF TOPIC...OLD MOVIES

I was just thinking...does anyone remember the old cannonball run movies....I thought those were pretty cool. An american werewolf in london was / is an awesome movie as well.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

How about a movie called "The Vanishing Point" where this ex-race car driver is driving a Dodge Charger across the US and ends up driving it head-on into a caterpillar.

Old 12-19-2002, 11:06 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I don't remember the The Vanishing Point, but I do remember the cannonball run. That was a seventies movie. Isn't that where they race from New York to LA? Some cars were really goofy and others were real, something to that effect. Seems like one person was on a two stroke street bike. He didn't make I don't believe. Two good looking girls were in a lambrogenie<<< don't know how to spell that.
Seems like one was dressed up to be a patrol car. Don't remember who won. To long ago.

I got freaked out in the early sixties by the movie called the birds. It ruined me.

Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 02:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ahh yes the Cannonball run movies were excellent, I still love to watch them, the movies were based on actual races that took place from 1971- 1979 that was called the Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash, that ran from Newyork to Redondo Beach California.
Most of the weird and outlandish vehicles and scenes from the movie were from the actual races.
Another classic is Smokey & the Bandit 1 & 2 man I loved Buford t. Justice, part 3 sucked!

Man I'm just filled with useless knowledge!

Old 12-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone remember a little known movie called "Two-Lane Blacktop"? i think it was made in the early 70's and it starred James Taylor and Warren Oates. man, i love that flick!
another great movie was "On Any Sunday" it was all about the motorcyle racing scene in the late 60's.

Old 12-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I watched "on any sunday" just the other day. Good flick.

Old 12-20-2002, 10:27 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Another movie that I just thought about and I can't remember the name was where there is this gasoline tanker truck and he follows this guy in a four door dodge type of the late sixties and continually try's to run the person over in the dodge. The car is running out of fuel and they keep on showing the fuel gauge.

The guy in the dodge gets revenge and if I remember correctly the tanker blows up.

Its like a western between a cowboy and an Indian but this time its the car vrs the gasoline tanker.

Chet

PS: another movie that ruined me was Hot Rods to Hell. Those poor people in the desert with hots rods bothering them. I was very impressionable at about 7 years of age and decided the desert was not for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raptory, that movie was called "Duel" starring Dennis Weaver. it was Steven Spielberg's first big break in movies.
it's a classic among film students.

btw, the car was a Plymouth Valiant.

Old 12-20-2002, 10:51 AM
RIP Dear Friend

LOL,

Thats it!!!!!!!! Steven Spielberg.

I sure wouldn't have thought that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], but it stuck in my mind.

Chet

Old 12-20-2002, 10:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yep, thats it....been a couple of years since I saw DUEL. Another good one.

Quick Reply: OFF TOPIC...OLD MOVIES