Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Honcho atv

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honcho atv

Hi! Looking for gear box for 1985 Honcho atv. It now has a comet 212260.Can anybody help me find one or a replacment box. thanks Rmoe

Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Looking for Honcho Gear Box

Hello,
I have a Honcho gearbox.
However I do not know the year.
If you are interested email you email address and I will send pictures.
I also have front end, rear axle, steering colum, brake lever and cable parts also.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, Bob

Old 03-27-2013, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default honcho

Hi Bob yes please send pics. and any more info. of gearbox.
thanks rmoe
email armandstruckrepair@myfairpoint.net

Old 04-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bob & RMoe,

I have a 1984 Honcho that I'm rebuilding. I too have been in search of Comet gearbox info. The Honcho I bought was is poor shape, the output shaft of the gearbox was sheard in half and the box was completely dis-assembled. I never worked on a Honcho or Comet gearbox before, but I got it back together, only missing one piece, the internal "C" bracket that throws the slide gear from Forward / Neutral / Reverse. I did a home made job on what I think it should be. But I'm looking for info on what is suppose to be there. I'm also willing to trade Pictures and Info, if that's ok with you guys..

I've had to buy some items to replace bearings and sprockets, etc., so I have some detailed info on some replacement parts. I even had to have the Gearbox output shaft AND the rear axle custom made at a machine shop, so I have those dimensions, if someone needs to have one made..

So, can I play too?

Regards..
Mike

Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default honcho gearbox

Mike yes you can play , my email armandstruckrepair@myfairpoint.net.

Rmoe

Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mostly finished Honcho

I just wanted to share a few photos of my almost completed Honcho. I did add a few tweaks, namely a winch and a snow plow. Plus I changed the twist grip throttle for a thumb throttle (after these picts), easier for my daughters to work, especially with how much of a bear it is to steer. Also, I would guess that these tires are original, 1984. 3 of 4 hold air for a while.

As bought in October 2011, notice the transmission is not mounted? It is in pieces, in a rubbermaid bucket.:

Name:  Honcho_scaled_zps60902059.jpg
Views: 4663
Size:  159.1 KB

Sanded and Painted:

Name:  P7030132_zps06621824.jpg
Views: 2452
Size:  68.9 KB

Ready for snow, I re-purposed a plow from my Craftsman garden tractor that I was not happy with it's performance in the snow. I'm hoping with the higher speed and the 4 wheel drive, this will perform better:
Name:  PB010096_zpsff555142.jpg
Views: 4600
Size:  117.0 KB

What I had to deal with when I bought it. The output shaft from the Comet Transmission was broken. How the previous owner broke a 1" steel shaft, is beyond me. Plus the trans was completely disassembled, I had to figure out from scratch how it went back together, missing one piece I had to fabricate:

Name:  P8100025_zps82cdefdc.jpg
Views: 2859
Size:  81.6 KB

The next thing I want to do is to replace the plastic belt cover with one made of expanded sheet metal, I think that would be better and more durable than the plastic cover. I actually cut the cover at the rear fender to allow me to remove it without removing the body. The rear pully is exposed, but is under the fiberglass body, safely away from human body parts..

Regards..
Scannit

Old 05-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have one of these Honcho's for sale cheap?

Old 01-30-2017, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help please

Originally Posted by bnlguy7761
Hello,
I have a Honcho gearbox.
However I do not know the year.
If you are interested email you email address and I will send pictures.
I also have front end, rear axle, steering colum, brake lever and cable parts also.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, Bob
I s wondering if you still had any parts for the honcho for sale of so would you please email me at raynegauge3168@gmail.com
Thank you
Shawn

Old 02-27-2019, 08:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default parts

Does anybody know who bought out Adventure Vehicles I'm looking for parts for a 86 or 87 Adventure Vehicles Honcho I know they were based out of Louisiana but have change hands a couple of times

Old 04-02-2019, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1979 Honcho ATV

We have a 1979 Honch 4 wheel drive, 7 hp Koehler engine. Bike made in Ruston, La.
needs tires, battery, carb and fuel cell need clean-out. Currently does not run.
can you direct me to appropriate link to list it for sale? I tried the links mentioned above, but they don’t connect.
Thank you

The following users liked this post:
Tomcat19706 (09-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Honcho atv