ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Other Makes (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-makes/)
-   -   Honcho atv (https://atvconnection.com/forums/other-makes/348182-honcho-atv.html)

rmoe 12-18-2012 07:25 AM

Honcho atv

Hi! Looking for gear box for 1985 Honcho atv. It now has a comet 212260.Can anybody help me find one or a replacment box. thanks Rmoe

bnlguy7761 03-26-2013 09:57 PM

Looking for Honcho Gear Box

Hello,
I have a Honcho gearbox.
However I do not know the year.
If you are interested email you email address and I will send pictures.
I also have front end, rear axle, steering colum, brake lever and cable parts also.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, Bob

rmoe 03-27-2013 11:40 AM

honcho

Hi Bob yes please send pics. and any more info. of gearbox.
thanks rmoe
email armandstruckrepair@myfairpoint.net

Scannit 04-21-2013 06:02 AM

Bob & RMoe,

I have a 1984 Honcho that I'm rebuilding. I too have been in search of Comet gearbox info. The Honcho I bought was is poor shape, the output shaft of the gearbox was sheard in half and the box was completely dis-assembled. I never worked on a Honcho or Comet gearbox before, but I got it back together, only missing one piece, the internal "C" bracket that throws the slide gear from Forward / Neutral / Reverse. I did a home made job on what I think it should be. But I'm looking for info on what is suppose to be there. I'm also willing to trade Pictures and Info, if that's ok with you guys..

I've had to buy some items to replace bearings and sprockets, etc., so I have some detailed info on some replacement parts. I even had to have the Gearbox output shaft AND the rear axle custom made at a machine shop, so I have those dimensions, if someone needs to have one made..

So, can I play too? :)

Regards..
Mike

rmoe 04-22-2013 08:38 AM

honcho gearbox

Mike yes you can play , my email armandstruckrepair@myfairpoint.net.

Rmoe

Scannit 11-11-2013 09:02 PM

Mostly finished Honcho

4 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to share a few photos of my almost completed Honcho. I did add a few tweaks, namely a winch and a snow plow. Plus I changed the twist grip throttle for a thumb throttle (after these picts), easier for my daughters to work, especially with how much of a bear it is to steer. Also, I would guess that these tires are original, 1984. 3 of 4 hold air for a while.

As bought in October 2011, notice the transmission is not mounted? It is in pieces, in a rubbermaid bucket.:

Attachment 14312

Sanded and Painted:

Attachment 14313

Ready for snow, I re-purposed a plow from my Craftsman garden tractor that I was not happy with it's performance in the snow. I'm hoping with the higher speed and the 4 wheel drive, this will perform better:
Attachment 14314

What I had to deal with when I bought it. The output shaft from the Comet Transmission was broken. How the previous owner broke a 1" steel shaft, is beyond me. Plus the trans was completely disassembled, I had to figure out from scratch how it went back together, missing one piece I had to fabricate:

Attachment 14315

The next thing I want to do is to replace the plastic belt cover with one made of expanded sheet metal, I think that would be better and more durable than the plastic cover. I actually cut the cover at the rear fender to allow me to remove it without removing the body. The rear pully is exposed, but is under the fiberglass body, safely away from human body parts..

Regards..
Scannit

greasemonkey69 05-08-2014 03:16 PM

Does anyone have one of these Honcho's for sale cheap?

Shawn Jecker 01-30-2017 08:52 PM

Help please

Originally Posted by bnlguy7761 (Post 3177104)
Hello,
I have a Honcho gearbox.
However I do not know the year.
If you are interested email you email address and I will send pictures.
I also have front end, rear axle, steering colum, brake lever and cable parts also.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks, Bob

I s wondering if you still had any parts for the honcho for sale of so would you please email me at raynegauge3168@gmail.com
Thank you
Shawn

Andrew Bishop 02-27-2019 08:26 AM

parts

Does anybody know who bought out Adventure Vehicles I'm looking for parts for a 86 or 87 Adventure Vehicles Honcho I know they were based out of Louisiana but have change hands a couple of times

Sarah Herman 04-02-2019 12:35 AM

1979 Honcho ATV

We have a 1979 Honch 4 wheel drive, 7 hp Koehler engine. Bike made in Ruston, La.
needs tires, battery, carb and fuel cell need clean-out. Currently does not run.
can you direct me to appropriate link to list it for sale? I tried the links mentioned above, but they don’t connect.
Thank you