Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-31-2017, 07:13 PM
Devious6's Avatar
Trailblazer
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dalton, PA
Posts: 41
Default Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750

I've had it out several times to put a few miles on it - finally got to use it to plow some snow yesterday!

Here we go!!!

1st Snow 1.jpg

I'm very happy with the performance of the UTV as well as the plow - it's great not having to manually change the angle of the blade.
1st Snow 4.jpg

And, of course I needed a new helmet - has both clear and shaded lenses, or you can retract them and go with no lens.
 
Attached Thumbnails Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750-helmet-1.jpg   Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750-1st-snow-1.jpg   Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750-1st-snow-4.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
Kymco 450i's Avatar
Pro Rider
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Perrysburg Ohio
Posts: 1,111
Default


Glad everything is working well for you. Now you need to consider an enclosure for your UTV. I just added a soft side enclosure from Pacific Eagle enclosures and it works great. It is made from top gun marine cover material which is the best there is and it is held in place with heavy duty 2" wide Velcro and can be easily removed for the warmer season. I also added a propane golf cart heater for instant heat so come on snow!! Can't wait for more snow to plow again....
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-01-2018, 04:54 AM
Devious6's Avatar
Trailblazer
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dalton, PA
Posts: 41
Default

For warmer weather, the upper doors and rear window come out. I am a little disappointed in the heater - it takes a long time to warm up and only pushes hot air when moving. I need to look at something I can add to give me a little more warmth when idling.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Kymco 450i's Avatar
Pro Rider
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Perrysburg Ohio
Posts: 1,111
Default

Must be a senior moment as I didn't realize your cab was enclosed...duh...
My research showed the heaters that run of the engine coolant were not very good so I looked at small propane heaters. I found a small heater called a golf cart heater made by "Mr Heater" and it works great. Pizzo starter and safety tip over switch as well as oxygen depletion shutoff. It runs for 5 hrs off a 1lb propane cylinder (and you can refill yourself)..It is designed to be held in a cup holder but that part doesn't work well. I have cement filled coffee cans used as weights for a canopy, so I just used one of those and added a pc of plywood to connect the propane cyl to the weight and it keeps it from moving and tipping over. On my machine it sets on the floor aimed at my legs. It puts out 4000 btu, your not gonna plow in your bathing suit but it definitely keeps the chill off and the windshield clear of ice. Best part is you have real heat in 2 minutes from the time you push the button. Glad to see your having fun with your new toy....
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Devious6's Avatar
Trailblazer
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dalton, PA
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i View Post
Must be a senior moment as I didn't realize your cab was enclosed...duh...
My research showed the heaters that run of the engine coolant were not very good so I looked at small propane heaters. I found a small heater called a golf cart heater made by "Mr Heater" and it works great. Pizzo starter and safety tip over switch as well as oxygen depletion shutoff. It runs for 5 hrs off a 1lb propane cylinder (and you can refill yourself)..It is designed to be held in a cup holder but that part doesn't work well. I have cement filled coffee cans used as weights for a canopy, so I just used one of those and added a pc of plywood to connect the propane cyl to the weight and it keeps it from moving and tipping over. On my machine it sets on the floor aimed at my legs. It puts out 4000 btu, your not gonna plow in your bathing suit but it definitely keeps the chill off and the windshield clear of ice. Best part is you have real heat in 2 minutes from the time you push the button. Glad to see your having fun with your new toy....

Thanks for the info on the Mr. Heater - just ordered one along with two bottles and the connector you need to refill them. Do you fill them on your own or take them to a propane dealer like a grill tank?

The regular heater is fine if I'm moving quickly but just plowing out in front of the house I never hit a speed where it makes sense. In retrospect, I should have researched it a bit more and probably would have opted not to install it.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:46 AM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,929
Default

Glad you like your ride.

What brand is that helmet? I like how you can slide the visors up or down.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Devious6's Avatar
Trailblazer
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dalton, PA
Posts: 41
Default

Originally Posted by MooseHenden View Post
Glad you like your ride.

What brand is that helmet? I like how you can slide the visors up or down.
I bought it on Amazon - found it was reviewed on several sites. Seems OK for normal use but don't think I'd trust it for racing or extreme driving. It seems constructed well, though, fits nicely and the lenses are great.

https://www.amazon.com/WMN_TrulyStep-Modular-Motorcycle-Scooter-Goggles/dp/B073FHDWWG/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R0X6REK14KB2CAFK3PSQ https://www.amazon.com/WMN_TrulyStep-Modular-Motorcycle-Scooter-Goggles/dp/B073FHDWWG/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_15?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=R0X6REK14KB2CAFK3PSQ
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-05-2018, 03:37 PM
MooseHenden's Avatar
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 35,929
Default

Originally Posted by Devious6 View Post
I bought it on Amazon - found it was reviewed on several sites. Seems OK for normal use but don't think I'd trust it for racing or extreme driving. It seems constructed well, though, fits nicely and the lenses are great.

https://www.amazon.com/WMN_TrulyStep...K14KB2CAFK3PSQ
Don't have the size needed for my over sized skull.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Kymco 450i's Avatar
Pro Rider
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Perrysburg Ohio
Posts: 1,111
Default

[QUOTE=Devious6;3382599]Thanks for the info on the Mr. Heater - just ordered one along with two bottles and the connector you need to refill them. Do you fill them on your own or take them to a propane dealer like a grill tank?



You are not supposed to refill the small green one lb tanks, but there is no law against filling your own. I use the little adaptor to fill them from my 20lb grill tanks. There are a couple good youtube vids on how to do it. I do not freeze them instead I use the safety valve, have it tipped at 10 or 2 oclock for an 80% fill....just look at the youtube vids for this as they explain it much better. It is easy to do. Just came in from hauling out the trash, -10 right now wind chill....sure glad I got that little heater!!
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Devious6's Avatar
Trailblazer
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dalton, PA
Posts: 41
Default

Got the Mr. Heater last week and finally got a chance to use it yesterday and today - works great!! I wish I'd done a little more homework on the installed heaters- would have spent the money on something else and gotten this instead.
 
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loving the new Cub Cadet Challenger 750


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: