Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

Odes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odes

Hello I’m looking at a new Odes side by side 800 or 1000 so I was wondering if anyone has any information on them good or bad. I don’t know anyone that owns one or knows anyone that has one. Of course the dealers say they are the best value on the market. Any info is welcome!
thanks Jon

Old 01-15-2018, 05:00 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Your Question Has Been Answered By Our Editors

We've got more info you're seeking on the ATV Connection home page, here:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/ask-editors-odes/

Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

A couple years back I looked at them and can't say I was very impressed and replacement parts were hard to find. I understand they have improved since then. I would do a search for parts and see how long it takes to get repair and replacement parts. How close is a dealer and how long has he been in business? Get under and look close at the welds and how things are put together, get on their forums and see what issues others have had. Go to the competitors forums and search for comparisons of there brand to an Odes machine. I did all this searching over a three month period before I bought my machine and I have no surprises and no regrets. I chose the Kymco UTV and have had absolutely no issues or problems in over two years and the machine performs better than advertised. Price was about 2 grand below competitor pricing and their quality is second to none. They also have the fewest complaints per 100 machines sold of any manufacturer!! Yes I said any!! Do your research, if you do a thorough job you should be happy with your purchase.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I considered buying one of the odes utvs a few years ago used. They literally have no resale value. CF Moto is very similar. The quality just isn't there when compared to the big name brands. You might save a few bucks but they aren't as reliable and parts are harder to come by. Once they get a few years old, you practically have to give them away when you sell or trade them in as nobody wants to buy them. If you can find a used one super cheap, they might be worth it. I wouldn't buy one brand new, its a waste of money. They're not worth what they cost even if it is less than say a Polaris or Can-Am.