Other Makes Kymco, Joyner, Kubota, Bobcat, Cub Cadet, John Deere, Huskvarna, Kazuma, etc

2017 Bennche Cowboy 500 Snorkel

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Bennche Cowboy 500 Snorkel

My wife has been wanting to move from a 4 wheeler (2001 Polaris Sportsman 500ho DUSE) that she has been riding for the past 2 years or so to a SXS just for simple trail riding mostly. We weighed the pros and cons during the search and got presented a deal we couldn't pass up. Even though its a chinese knockoff she doesn't ride hard or crazy so we figure it will do the trick. Picked up a 2017 Bennche Cowboy 500 for a steal as it was the last 2017 on the lot and the price was slashed enough we were willing to take a chance on it.

She liked the fact it came with winch/roof/windshield already on it and our daughter loves riding in it vs the backseat of a 4 wheeler. The first 2 weekends we took it out were in the middle of a heavy dry spell so it was dusty as all hell. The machine began to smoke so i carried it back to the dealer to find a faulty joint in the factory intake pipe allowed a ton of dust to bypass the filter straight into the motor frying the valve seals and rings. Warranty rebuild on the motor was free of charge but i had no more faith in the factory ducting also the belt box intake/exhaust were just to low for my taste. So as soon as we got it back from the rebuild i tore it down and added some peace of mind myself.

Tear down took just an hour or 2, didn't have to remove as much as i thought i would.
Notched the front of the bed so the pipes would fit and also the tilt is still functional.

cut down the factory air intake tube to retain the crank case vent tube connection.

Also had a little led kit laying around from another project that we threw in it for the hell of it