Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Work in progress 98Warrior + 04 CBR600rr engine, few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Work in progress 98Warrior + 04 CBR600rr engine, few questions

www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/warrior.html

Theres the updated progress. Im in the process of building the swingarm and had a question. The previous swingarm I made when it was still just a warrior, was +3 and I honestly barely noticed it screwing my turning radius up, but I definitely noticed it killing the wheelie ability (whatever was there in the first place with <25hp.).

Anyway, I decided to go +4 now, and all aluminum as you can see. Cant tell yet, but the reason for the new arm is 1. cosmetics, and 2. the RR engine has a factory swingarm mount on the back of it, so I decided to run my swingarm right through it as well, so I had to make an arm with ~6" cutout in the center.

So my questions are:
1. How bad is my turning going to be affected?
2. Are banshee rear brake lines identical to warrior? (cant find warrior +4 lines, but can find banshee +4 easily)
3. Where can I find some just flat stick on chain slides, the chain will be running right down the length of the swingarm rail.
4. I can bump the ride height up slightly just by raising the rear shock linkage right? (oil pan is pretty low)

And a general question.

How nuts do you think I am to go 140+mph on it? Going to be +4/+4 in the rear and widened +3 in the front.

Old 06-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Trailblazer

I can help you on a couple of your questions. I found some flat chain slides they were for a 91 kx85 they are about 6" long and fasten right to your swingarm with 2 flathead screws. Some times it helps to have your kids old bikes laying around [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I messed with rear shock linkage height on my conversion but it made the front to heavy and weird- you would probably need to raise the front 2 or your handling will suffer. street bike engines are heavier and raising the rear seemed to really shift the weight forward for me anyway. I just settled for a good skid plate. Nice job on the pipes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks.

Yeah, I forgot to mention when I stretch the front sideways Ill be raising it up the same height as the back. Then Ill be ordering some custom Works to compensate for more leverage.

Honestly I dont think this engine is much heavier, dry weight it only drops the scales 128lbs, and I know the warrior engine couldnt have been far off that, not sure what the exact weight is though.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like you're good to go. I'm welding pipes for my kz650/quadzilla this weekend, I was using the stock lowslung pipes so I'm pretty limited where I can ride. I don't have your talent for fabrication but I came up with a way to do the pipes- I'll post pictures on my page when their done. This project was a lot of work but I think it was worth it. My quad is scary fast I can't imagine how yours will be one thing for sure maximum fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

I forgot to mention the exhaust isnt quite done yet. I am still going to run it out the back through 2005 R1 cans, hopefully it will sound pretty good through those, Im getting them for free from a buddy so "Ill at least try them out.

How much power does the 650 in yours make?

Theres a guy with a 400ex/600rr engine selling it on ebay, and his is geared to do 160+ and in the movie he has it looks like it just wants to pull like fcking crazy even at slow speeds. And I geared mine only to do 135 so it will be ten times torquier [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

I've done some mods so I'm probably around 75 - 80 hp. I had modified the original 500 2-stoke pretty extensivly and this thing would kick it's ***. I have no idea how fast mine will go, I started with the stock gearing from the bike and it was just a little high. I wanted 1st to be low enough tight trails so I dropped 2 teeth on the engine sprocket. I'm using a vance after market muffler and it sounds awsome- quiet at idle and screamin when you get on it.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Made some more progress after finally recieving the rest of the engine package. Still missing some wiring and my fuel fill cap which is preventing me from firing it up. After that its time to build the front +3 aarms and get it running right.

www.geocities.com/jonaddis842003/warrior.html

Old 08-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

looks awesome man. The only big problem i see is your oil pan. I don't know about that engine, but is there a way you could fab a new oil pan. You know the milodin ones they put on race cars, where the bottum is wider but flatter. If you could do that you would gain some ground clearance. But like i said i don't know how the engines oil sytem works. But looks really good. Good luck, and i'll be praying for you on that beast.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, Ive been contemplating fabbing a new oil pan and just shortening the sump. the only reason the bike had such a deep sump is the extreme lean angles they see so they can keep oil around the sump, so I wouldnt have any trouble with that. For now though my plan is to build a tubular skidplate and stretch some sheetmetal over it, but I wont have much ground clearance for trail riding, the oil pan just barely hits the ground now at full jounce but once I raise the front end with the new aarms it shouldnt hit at all.

If all works out well and it rides good though Ill probably make the new oil pan and revise my headers to get full ground clearance. Might actually be starting it up tomorrow for the first time so Ill post vids if I do.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer

Got it running today finally, needed the gauge cluster for it to even fire, also had to rig the bank angle sensor since I dont have it yet. Sounds crazy, rode it for a little bit until i chucked the chain (didnt tighten the swingarm enough). Got on it a bit and its stupid!! Cant even feather the throttle without it rollin em.

http://www.geocities.com/jonaddis842...r/MVI_0858.avi

I have a better video of it just running, but its 27megs.....anybody want to host it for me?

Quick Reply: Work in progress 98Warrior + 04 CBR600rr engine, few questions