Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Banshee motor stroker bigbore what is what?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee motor stoker bigbore what is what?

Well here is what I have to work with. I have a extra 2001 banshee motor i sold the rest of the bike to put a street bike motor in and i got to keep the old motor. It was blown up when i got it some one ran straight gas in it and lunched the crank. So I have a bottom end that has about 10 hours on it one cylinder broke the sleave off and the other still looks new. My question is i have about $3500 to spend to build this motor and I want to build something quick. I see crank kits on ebay for around $700 all day long pistons and everything. I have 2 banshees already one with trinity porting and the other with a cool head pistons and normal banshee junk. So what is a good size to go for. I am not sure if i want to buy a set of ported cylinder off the net or just find one standard right side jug and send mine off. You always hear 370 banshee 420 470 500 580 and all sort of crazy cc numbers comen from these bikes, but what is what. With a 4mil long rod motor with stoke bore what is it if i put sleave in it what will it be? Should i got cheeta cub or work with what i got. I know there are a few of you on here with bad a$$ banshee and 250r based bikes that run. I want to hear from you guys what works and what you like to run. On last thing is case porting worth the extra money?

Old 12-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Banshee motor stroker bigbore what is what?

Well, it's definitely no secret that with the banshee it's money for speed. A buddy of mine was quoted about $1,800-1,900 by K&T to do a 4mil cub setup. I like the 4mil route. They wont be the fastest for sure, but they go in without mods and are very reliable. They are getting around 100hp on gas now with the 4mil cubs. The other good things are that they are nikasil coated, and take the stock cylinder head and reedcages. I done my 4mil with the stock jugs, but I have about 20 hours of porting in them. The cubs flow like a fully race ported jug right out of the box. It is the most cost effective vs HP way to go, because to have a stock set fully ported will come close to half of what the cubs cost. I believe the 4mil 68mm piston cubs are around 390cc. Always go for the case porting. If you send the motor to a good builder they should do all of that for you very resonably. For less than $3k you can build a bullet motor with an override tranny that will flat haul the mail.

Old 12-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee motor stroker bigbore what is what?

what he said,,,,,,,,, I really like the cub set up as well awsome!
i would run vito's pistons though, they really make a big difference the 420 is supposed to be a really good set up I did everything a.. backwards and kick myself for it but my shee still hauls a..
I bord and ported the stock jugs and shaved the head but the cool head with 21 cc domes vito's pistons and the cub is nice.
the good thing about stroking the motor is that it helps prevent premature wear from piston skirt, coused by the short stroke.
lighten the flywheel as well wow it winds out fast!
GO TO EBAY, THEY SELL THE WHOLE SET UP WITH CRANK AND ALL, CHEAP!