Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

Straight pipes are fine for a engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straight pipes are fine for a engine?

hello, just wondering if straight pipes will do harm to my engine. i want to buy some pipe and make some because i hate the sound of my beartracker the way it is now with the stock pipe on it. i took the muffler off a while back and i love that sound(but off coarse you cant run a quad with the muffler off..well my brother has had his off now for 3 months of riding and it has done nothing). i dont really want to take the pipe all the way off, so i just want to make a straight pipe for it.
any information is greatly apreciated.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

"If" jetted correctly a straight pipe won't hurt your motor. If you have a good air cleaner and a straight pipe on you are going to be shoving a lot more air through the motor. When you do this you need to check your jetting to make sure your not lean.
This deal won't be forest service, or neighbor approved. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a stock air box and dont really want to have to rejet but if i have to i probably will. when i had the pipe off before she ran really good, alot better than when it was on. so i guess i will just make a pipe and trough her on there.

"This deal won't be forest service, or neighbor approved."

i could care less what the neighbors think, i ride on the rode all the time, you should have seen some peoples faces when i took my beartracker up the rode with the pipe off screaming yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. thanks for the info, cause everyone is always telling me about if you do this to your atv it will damage the engine.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

["This deal won't be forest service, or neighbor approved."

i could care less what the neighbors think, i ride on the rode all the time, you should have seen some peoples faces when i took my beartracker up the rode with the pipe off screaming yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. thanks for the info, cause everyone is always telling me about if you do this to your atv it will damage the engine.

People like you are why people like me are concerned that our riding areas are closed, media gives the sport a bad rap, and people think the sport is unsafe. Please reconsider your actions. Believe it or not- your not the only person in the world. I know that would be hard for you to accept. We don't think your cool. You're not as bitchin as you really think you are. Maybe while your lying in a hospital bed after hitting something on the road with your loud pipe on, you will realize that what you're doing is wrong in many ways. Please think of someone OTHER than yourself.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Trasher

People like you are why people like me are concerned that our riding areas are closed, media gives the sport a bad rap, and people think the sport is unsafe. Please reconsider your actions. Believe it or not- your not the only person in the world. I know that would be hard for you to accept. We don't think your cool. You're not as bitchin as you really think you are. Maybe while your lying in a hospital bed after hitting something on the road with your loud pipe on, you will realize that what you're doing is wrong in many ways. Please think of someone OTHER than yourself.

amen

Old 02-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I'll bet it will really fly when you get the training wheels off too.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

another AMEN to trasher
its people like mr. buthead that ruin it for the rest of us.......thanks man

Old 02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Trasher

there is nothing wrong with riding the road aslong as you use your head. which i do. i figure if i want to ride the road i will. i know that is not the law but the law is stupid. the way i see it is that if i ride the road and get away with it then i got to point B. if i ride the road and get caught then... well... i fought the law and the law won. in my neighbor hood riding a atv is not looked down upon. people that go out and steal and murder is looked down upon here. i dont know where you come from but where i am riding a atv acually makes people smile. because instead of teenage kids out smokin the cheba behind the school they would rather ride there atv. that does my heart good. what i always have been taught is "you do your thing ill do mine" that is the way i will live until i die.

"I'll bet it will really fly when you get the training wheels off too." as said by scootergptx

i took those stock wheels off and tru on some magnums with mudlites and that baby flys. thanks for the tip.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, buthead.
If you read the side of them facymudlites you got on there you can see they say "not for road use". But, if you live in the type of place that everybody rides and doesn't care about the things you are doing then thats fine. I'ved lived in places like that too, just wear your helmet and don't **** anybody off. Especially if they're cops, then you're screwed.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: speedi
Hey, buthead.
If you read the side of them facymudlites you got on there you can see they say "not for road use". But, if you live in the type of place that everybody rides and doesn't care about the things you are doing then thats fine. I'ved lived in places like that too, just wear your helmet and don't **** anybody off. Especially if they're cops, then you're screwed.
yeah, everyone rides in my town. i always wear my helmet and everything so i see that is is fine. atleast you understand.

Quick Reply: Straight pipes are fine for a engine?