Performance Mods and Project Quads Share and ask for information about modifying your ATV or building project quads.

SUPERCHARGED RIHNO 660 !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERCHARGED RIHNO 660 !!!!

Well I have to say this is awsome! I am in the works of tuning a supercharger kit on a 2006 Yamaha Rihno 660. It is a preproduction kit form Mountain Performance. It almost doubles the power. The kit is very well built and once we work out the bugs, it will be a snap to install. I am working with the fellas from MPI to get the kit tuned.

I have a few pics, but not sure how to load them on here!

Jeff

Old 08-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

will this kit fit the raptor 660, and if so what years? how much for the kit? and kind of hp numbers have u gotten???

Old 08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

That will be bitchen.. prolly carry one of them $4500 price tags too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

YIKES Rhino Superchargers

Yeah they carry a big *** price tag

Old 08-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

How are they driving the supercharger. With a belt on the end of the stator cover?

I always wanted to do something to my Warrior to get some kick out of it. It looked like a biatch to get a supercharger in there and a way to drive it with a belt or something so I went with a turbo charger.

I know one company does make turbo/EFI kits for Rapotor 660's already. They go for $4500.00

So far I have like $500 into my turbo. It's still in the wirks but functions for now with the carb until I get good enough to make EFI on it.

I'd be curious to see how you are driving the supercharger. I know the turbo Raptors go from 39HP to 85HP which is just over DOUBLE the HP.

Of course I have far less to start with on my Warrior [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

i dought you'll get double the ponies with a blower, im sure you'll get a crap load, but prolly not double considering a turbo is barly pushing double.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shecanread
i dought you'll get double the ponies with a blower, im sure you'll get a crap load, but prolly not double considering a turbo is barly pushing double.
Super Chargers make more power than turbo's.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Super Chargers make more power than turbo's
Wrong

Old 09-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer

you guys never explain your selves, super charger give constant power with great amounts of torque. turbos have lag but produce more horse power. take the time to explain your selves instead of just saying WRONG.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

you guys never explain your selves, super charger give constant power with great amounts of torque. turbos have lag but produce more horse power. take the time to explain your selves instead of just saying WRONG.
Sometimes people don't have time to type a lengthy explanation. Now that I have a bit more time.
You need to re-read yellowrider250ex post. He clearly said "Super Chargers make more power than turbo's. "
See the words "make more"? See the word "power?" How much more clear can that be?

If it's still not clear, let me put it to you this way. Turbo's make more torque and horsepower than any mechanical driven supercharger.............ever............and always will........ever........unless the laws of physics change in our lifetime. Period
Boost for boost, engine for engine, a turbo will wax a mechanical supercharger for total power.
They both make power in different parts of the RPM scale; but the turbo will win out every time in total power produced for any two engines.

BTW. Superchargers don't "give constant power " through out the RPM range. Make a pull on a dyno and you will see they have their shortcomings just like a turbo has theirs.

There; I didn't type wrong this time.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer

I'm still waiting to hear how they are DRIVING the SuperCharger.

I am curious if they are running a belt off of somewhere or gear drive, etc???

I'm having fun doing my turbo project. It looks like it would be a PITA to install a SuperCharger.

My Turbo is pushing over 8PSI. I am just working on the fuel part now.

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGED RIHNO 660 !!!!