ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Performance Mods and Project Quads (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/)
-   -   Sprocket (https://atvconnection.com/forums/performance-mods-project-quads/2459-sprocket.html)

1BadWarrior 07-18-1999 01:54 AM

I heard somewhere that if you put a bigger sprocket on the front then your ATV will go faster but I was wondering how far I could go before I lose the bottom end I heard 14 or 15.

lordmik 07-18-1999 04:49 AM

I put a 14 on mine and it seems just right. A friend of mine has a 15 on the front of his Warrior, but he's 40 lbs lighter than I am. I guess it depends on how much you weigh and what type of riding you do. With a 14, mine still has plenty of bottom end grunt to pull me out of a hole okay. (220 lbs)

------------------
Michael "Lordmik" Magee

Stranded on a tropical island, for now...

A400L 07-19-1999 10:16 AM

A larger counter shaft sprocket will increase top-end, or you could put a smaller rear to accomplish the same.

A larger rear sprocket will increase acceleration, while taking away from top-end, as will going down on your C/S sprocket.

------------------
J. Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

lucey 07-21-1999 12:44 AM

I would like to know what size tires your run on your Warrior, with a 14 tooth counter. If they are 20 " did you need a new chain ? This question is for LORDMIK

Scott 07-21-1999 01:06 AM

I read in one of the ATV mags that you could even run a 16 tooth front sprocket if you didn't mind starting out in first and a half gear all the time. :)

------------------
Scott Colson 98 Scrambler 500 91 Yamaha Moto 4 250

lordmik 07-21-1999 04:13 AM

I run 22" Realtors on my Warrior, and no, I didn't have to get a new chain when I put my 14 tooth c/s sprocket on.

As far as running a 16 tooth c/s sprocket, I think you have to do a bit of case work to make it have enough clearance. I'm not sure about that, but I know a 15 is pretty close.

------------------
Michael "Lordmik" Magee

Stranded on a tropical island, for now...

ZORLOC 07-22-1999 10:59 AM

Im running 22" realtors and a 41 tooth rear sprocket (stock if 40)
and a new chain and an amp link and i still managed to fit a new DID stock length chain on.
i love the set up loads of bottom and still can keep up with my buddies stock warriors (2 out of three any way one of them will toast us and we are not to sure why yet.
he bought it used but no noticable mods from stock other than renthal handlebars.

i got a lot of new mods since our last race so i cant wait to go to silver lake again to drag race.

------------------
Chad "ZORLOC" Petersen

96 Yamaha Warrior K&N, Shock wears, WB E-series, AMP Link, Lone star Axcaliber axle, Realtor tires. 97 Yamaha Blaster FMF Ram valve, Bandit rear tires. 97 Yamaha Waveventure 760 STOCK 99 Dodge Ram 1500 360 4x4 ex-cab